New K&N induction kit :)

ben-lcr

on top...
Mar 24, 2009
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
just fitted the 57i K&N induction kit to my cupra R, I'm amazed as to how loud it is, i had a K&N on my 350z and i swear it wasnt this loud?? sounds so much like a dump valve aswell, im kinda worried something isnt right :redface:

anyone else fitted one and thought the same? or am i just use to a quiet 350?

ryan106

Dec 7, 2006
yup I have one and yes mine does make quite a bit of noise wouldn't say I get a massive induction roar like on my mates Civic Type R but certainly get alot of turbo noise and diverter valve hiss.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Becarefull not to oil it too much when you clean it, Otherwise you might be needing a new MAF.

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
when i fitted my k+n i was expecting an induction roar like on my old clio sport but it just makes the turbo noise spooling up more audible and the dv hissing on release,

had car on the rollers after fitting k+n and found car was running lean im thinkin it may be the k+n had too much oil on it when fitted. will the k+n therefor be useless or does the oil on the filter dry up if that is the issue?

got car at p-torque next saturday so im sure all will be revealed!

turbin

same here. After K&N I got much more sound. Ive used K&N for many years and several washes / re-oil
LET IT DRY after wash AND re-oiling. mucho importante!

I let it overnight after wash and after following re-oiling.

safe

iainbig

soory to hijack the thread a bit guys but would i 57i inductionkit make much a difference on a 1.4 leon s thanks

iainbig

thought so pannel filter pro just be as good then in my case?

mrvavavoom

Feb 4, 2009
bandit country
prob jus the same i have a k&n induction for sale for 50 quid if thats any good if your interested measure your maf diameter and ill let you know what size it is burt i think its 70mm roughly the same price as a panel filter;)

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
Going to get one asap for my Leon.

I've also just fitted a K & N on my bike & its an awesome difference now, dear me!!! :whistle: .....must watch out for the boys in blue :moon:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise