New Exeo Owner - Issues around CCM module?

Jul 3, 2024
Hello SeatCupra Forum!

I've recently become the owner of a late 2009 2.0 TDI Seat Exeo. Loving the car, but just needs some TLC to bring her up to where she needs to be.

Firstly, the remote key doesn't unlock, lock or open the boot (not sure if the button actually opens the boot, or just unlocks it - first time having the infamous VAG folding key for me). Tried some resync methods found online (1. Was holding the unlock button in the car, then while holding the unlock button put key in barrel and turn to first stage without turning the engine on, then pulling the key and trying the locks - no luck and as a side note don't even get the indicators to flash. Then 2. Was putting key in barrel, trying the buttons with the key turned but again engine off, pulling the key then waiting a "little" then trying the buttons - again no luck). This means that I cannot open the boot from the outside, and unless there's a manual release I cannot access the boot without folding the rear seats back.

Second problem is the rear parking sensors being non-functional. From videos I've seen online, when entering reverse, the system should give a short beep to indicate it is active then it should respond to how close you are to objects. There are no beeps/audible cues whatsoever and the MFD doesn't indicate a fault (although I don't know if it would normally?) I have the pre-facelift model without the navigation screen so I don't have any way to configure the sensors and as far as I can see there's no Parking Sensors button anywhere to manually activate them. Would be nice to get working as car is a bit of a boat compared to the Polo I came from lol, but visibility is good so not an immediate issue so far.

Finally, the air conditioning system is stuck in "ECON", with the engine off I get the light on the "ECON" to turn off but I think this is normal behaviour. I've been told this is due to the system needing a regas.

Have tried some diagnostics myself but tools are limited :/ I have VCDS-Lite and a cheap cable (KKL) which worked fine with my Polo but being a more advanced car I don't think that'll cut it with the Exeo. From what I could get the car to spit out (VCDS-lite only appears to be able to communicate with the Auto-HVAC, Instruments, Immobiliser and Radio) it seems the CCM (or connections to it) are to blame. I'm getting errors on each of these controllers (except the radio, as I think it doesn't rely on CCM) for no communication with Central Convenience Module. Also on the Auto-HVAC there's an error for High Pressure Signal too low. All of these errors persist after erasing codes. As a side note the car had been sat for a while before I'd got it and I had been told the battery had been changed as it had died, and VCDS lite did have some low supply errors until I cleared them and gave car a good motorway run.

If you do know what I may be facing here, I'd really appreciate the help. Am a big fan of the Exeo and want to give her the treatment she deserves and get everything working. I am aware the Audi A4 B7 and the Exeo itself does have a known water ingress problem with the CCM, however when I have pulled the carpet just to have a look on passenger side, there isn't an aqaurium in there, it's actually bone dry. BUT, there was a lot of foam like material which I don't know if that is OEM or whether someone has had the fishtank before and put the foam in there as a solution. Not too sure, but, I haven't disconnected or opened the box the CCM is in, so couldn't say whether that is fried or not, and I don't have a multimeter myself to test it. My question for you guys is, could all of these issues just be the CCM, or separate issues. And is there anything you guys could suggest I try to get this working, without workshop equipment? If I can get this all resolved easily would be great but I understand this may not be the case. Also, if someone could let me know the best cable from Ross Tech to get for the Exeo, as I'm not sure what protocols the car uses for its OBD connections. I think full VCDS will be a must with this car.

Thanks for reading if you got this far, and appreciate your time 👍

Jul 3, 2024
Also forgot to mention, none of the interior lights illuminate either (dashboard LEDs and ones on AC, Radio, etc. do however). CCM as well or something else to look at?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise