• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

New car- some issues

fpdoc0697

May 22, 2021
Hello,

Just received my new V2 1.5 today and it’s a lovely car but I have had some issues with it,

Firstly, how do I get the keys to link with individual users, I can’t seem to get them to link to each of the accounts.

Also, with one of the accounts the radio turns off as soon as I turn off the ignition, but with the other account the radio stays on until I walk away from car! Any ideas?

The car also seems to struggle switching between users if I do it manually (as the keys won’t do it)

Finally, every now and then a message saying ‘SOS- take to dealer’ flashes up, but then goes

Very frustrating and I’d appreciate if anyone had some suggestions

aguy

Jul 6, 2021
Do you have the latest updates available?
Did you follow manual about linking the keys?
My radio turns off after opening drivers door with ignition off. I didn't manage yet to find a setting which could alter this behavior.
As you have multiple users, did you create all of them? Maybe one was there as a demo of some sort and after update got corrupted? Just guessing. I would suggest to format your car and start from scratch ;). The SOS message is what I guess others are experiencing in terms of software issues.

fpdoc0697

May 22, 2021
Do you have the latest updates available?
Did you follow manual about linking the keys?
My radio turns off after opening drivers door with ignition off. I didn't manage yet to find a setting which could alter this behavior.
As you have multiple users, did you create all of them? Maybe one was there as a demo of some sort and after update got corrupted? Just guessing. I would suggest to format your car and start from scratch ;). The SOS message is what I guess others are experiencing in terms of software issues.
Thanks for the tips
It’s on the latest version 1803
I made all the users myself
The keys started to work again but are slightly temperamental.
The SOS message seems to be when the battery runs low if running on battery not engine but hasn’t reappeared
I’ll keep trying with it but might format the system if it continues- hopefully more updates will smooth it all out.

Do you have any experience with the Cupra connect app?
Can I remove the guest profile as sometimes it decides to default to this?
Thanks

aguy

Jul 6, 2021
I have looked to at least disable guest profile with no luck. I have been kicked out 2 times so far, then password rejected multiple times and eventually got banned by my own car. I'll never forget that moment as something broke inside of me o_O
It might have something to do with privacy settings - sometimes it set itself to maximum privacy and I was not be able to log in.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise