Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The newly redesigned CUPRA Leon is now available to order in the UK.

Created to appeal to the next generation of CUPRA drivers, the new design features a striking, shark-nose front end embellished with an integrated CUPRA logo, triangular LED lights (matrix as standard on VZ3 trim), and an illuminated logo positioned in the centre of the rear light.

Complimenting the fresh exterior is an enhanced interior. The centre console, door panels, dashboard and upholsteries have all been redesigned leaving the driver surrounded by new and sustainable materials with a high quality feel.

Now open for order in the UK the CUPRA Leon sports the latest plug-in hybrid technology capable of 272PS and an electric-only range of more than 70 miles.

[url="https://www.seatcupra.net/2024/07/25/new-2024-cupra-leon-prices-now-available-to-order/"]Continue reading...

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Now live on the configurator - I do like this colour.

tagia grey.jpeg

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
48k for a first edition?! I understand Hybrids offer more contngency on range but surely at those prices you're better off going full EV and sucking it up? There's hardly anything between a VZ1 Leon and the new VZx Born...

Reactions: Syphon

adamski310

Jul 6, 2024
Well it makes me very happy with the price I paid for my 73 plate 310 VZ2...a massive saving over these new prices.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
They have now priced the Leon hatch the same as the new S3 which has more power, 4WD, torque vectoring and should hold it's value better. I expect the same will be the case when the Golf R and GTI Clubsport pricing is announced. It's looking no longer the case that CUPRA is going to be cheaper than these cars a better investment.

adamski310

Jul 6, 2024
And given my limited experience with the Cupra dealers, they need to up their game a lot prior to being considered a higher tier brand. I wouldn't pay those prices for a new Cupra.

• Sad

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
And given my limited experience with the Cupra dealers, they need to up their game a lot prior to being considered a higher tier brand. I wouldn't pay those prices for a new Cupra.
Nor me, looks like CUPRA have priced their selves out of the market, bring back the Cupra's that SEAT made, quick affordable but with decent kit.

• Sad

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Nor me, looks like CUPRA have priced their selves out of the market, bring back the Cupra's that SEAT made, quick affordable but with decent kit.
I'm glad you said it, because I was also thinking it. Thing is I don't have any data on how successful they are at higher price points, but it sure does feel that with every single VZ spec in the premium tax band they will have many customers priced out.

Unless you want a 1.5, of course. Which you can get in nearly everything VAG mid-spec.

I personally think they're playing the long game in trying to get people to consider the EVs.

Reactions: Seriously?

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
I'm glad you said it, because I was also thinking it. Thing is I don't have any data on how successful they are at higher price points, but it sure does feel that with every single VZ spec in the premium tax band they will have many customers priced out.

Unless you want a 1.5, of course. Which you can get in nearly everything VAG mid-spec.

I personally think they're playing the long game in trying to get people to consider the EVs.

Yeah, the 1.5 TSI Golf Match is £28k, so undercuts the entry Cupra Leon V1, which is priced more in line with the Golf R-Line at ~£31k.

So maximise profit on people that don't want electric, and for those that do offer the Born or an alternative EV?

Lucas90

Dec 3, 2023
I really don't understand the pricing of the new petrol model. Just been on the configurator speccing how I'd order a new shape vz3 300bhp with graphine grey paint came to £48,235!!
Did the same for the new s3 black ed. in gloss black, with 4wd and the new 333bhp tune and it is £415 cheaper.... that's including £300 for red callipers I added.....
Screenshot_20240804-223357_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240804-222938_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Seriously?

adamski310

Jul 6, 2024
Makes the current, nearly new prices from dealers really attractive for the 23/73 reg models in my opinion. Cupra trying to move into the upper class / tier of cars brands I think. Not sure how it will work out for them as there is a lot of badge snobbery and £50k buys an audi, bmw, merc rather than a seat with a different badge.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I really don't understand the pricing of the new petrol model. Just been on the configurator speccing how I'd order a new shape vz3 300bhp with graphine grey paint came to £48,235!!
Did the same for the new s3 black ed. in gloss black, with 4wd and the new 333bhp tune and it is £415 cheaper.... that's including £300 for red callipers I added..... View attachment 43508 View attachment 43509
Nearly £1000 for the Cupra paint vs £600 for Audi pretty much makes up the difference.
Cupra are having a laugh with their paint prices.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Did the same for the new s3 black ed. in gloss black, with 4wd and the new 333bhp tune and it is £415 cheaper.... that's including £300 for red callipers I added..... View attachment 43508 View attachment 43509
It is a bit worrying. Is there an option to add the extra two years warranty to the Audi? A comparison of finance deals would be interesting as the Audi will have better residuals as well I'd expect.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Nearly £1000 for the Cupra paint vs £600 for Audi pretty much makes up the difference.
Cupra are having a laugh with their paint prices.
Yeh, buy a SEAT Leon FR (the top SEAT Leon model) and the paint is included the the price, only the CUPRA Leon doesn't even though it's the same bodyshell. That is why I moaned about it enough to my dealer, that he gave in and included my Black paint for free.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
OK it gets worse than I thought sadly. At the European press launch the top team announced the CUPRA facelifts, Leon and Formentor wouldn't go up in price, instead they have, at least in the UK.

We now have the Golf R and Golf GTI Clubsport prices.

R: £43,320
Clubsport: £41,655

VW have made these both cheaper than their pre-facelift models and as you can see significantly cheaper than their CUPRA equivalents.

Not good

Scott

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
They must have a belief that they can demand a higher price than even the more premium products in their shared platform families, of which are better build quality and more established brands. Cupra didn’t start as a premium brand, it was a performance branch, and they’re trying to adapt to being “premium”.

Great way to essentially stall the “phenomenal” performance and brand growth they’ve been enjoying the past couple of years, if you ask me. Either they know what they are doing and us “loyal followers” are just sour at being priced out, or it’s a brave gamble to just get extra cash and push the brand forward. Open to other opinions!

Reactions: Metalogic
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise