My Silver K1 & Track 172 Cup

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
So whats the news then? Any damage? How is it compared to before it got stolen? Are you happy you got it back or rather just have the payout?
I hope the little ba**ards get a proper hammering!
Happy for you man, hopefully no more of this bullcrap and its onwards and upwards from now!

Well it is back but not as it left me.

Been used unlawfully in robberies of some sort. Has cover over 2000 mile in 2 weeks. Been 4 up at least and across the channel on a ferry. Had both corners of the front bumper scuffed (nearside real bad) passenger side rear door scuffed, kurbed wheel.

This is how I picked it up after the police finger print guy had finished with it

Up side it had a full tank of fuel, so they hadn't finished with it yet I don't think. Copper walk past the car parked up in a unusual place, noticing the tax disc was out of date and then clocked the reg plate didn't match the tax disc, called it in and found it was showing as stolen. Thumbs up to him and the 2 coppers who rang me on Sunday (thought all coppers attended church on Sunday and didn't work so very pleased)

Car is absolutely filthy inside and out, and doesn't feel like mine atm so it's just been locked away hiding.
Who ever stole it had change everything from the seat and steering wheel position to the radio presets and bass/treble settings so it really feels odd sitting in it :(

So the plan, it's Booked in for the keys and locks to be swapped and recoded, then will be booked in for the paint work sort along with the wheels refurbed and finally a professional full detail and paint correction (someone please recommend some good for the repairs/detail ) hopefully then it will feel brand new and mine again :)

Anyway been working on the clio as it had mot today

So it's had new disc/bearings, pads and nearside rear caliper, brake fluid flush with some new ATE Racing Blue fluid.

1 seat and harness is in

I ripped a lot out of it aswell, air bags, loom and all the plastic and most the carpet.

So all the work and it past no probs. Had it weighed on the brake tester and it came in at 1072KG (678KG on the front axle 394KG on the rear axle) with the mot tester (roughly weighing 100KG) and 3/4 tank of fuel, so it fairly light but not light enough so I've order lexan windows and carbon fibre door cards :)

Should save a bit more.

Gutted for you mate, hopefully it feels like your car sooner then later :w4nk:

:w4nk: to the thieves btw....

Cheers mate :thumbup: lol

Is the car now registered as has been stolen???

Nope :D

Will your insurance cover the costs of returning it to it's prior condition or not?

Haven't gone through the insurance. I've paid the recovery and storage will be forking out for the repairs, that way I get to keep my no claims (assumed fully comp came with protected no claims :( ) and as the insurance haven't paid out it's not became their car so doesn't get marked.
And I know the work on the car will be carried out to the highest standard :) not just rushed in and rushed out like some of these insurance approved shops.