My Mk2 Ibizas, Beetle, Corrado and Golf Cabbies + Jetta. Think I have a car problem?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Do it Ant, for that kind of price you will get your money back if you do decide to sell on!!!!
Am going to try and chase up some part worn tyres to get on them today
Ideally looking for 195/40/16 but think they will be a bit hard to find, so might have to go upto 45 profile. Then I have to find someone who will fit them for me without moaning, and who wont shank my beautifully polished rim!!!
Need these on for Ultimate Dubs - whats the plan for going, do we have a stand or anything??

Ollie

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
I think the stands are usually pretty small, 5 cars or so per club I think.

Last year it was so busy around the show hall that we went up the road and parked in a multistory!

Thinking Springfest instead of UD this year - not sure I have the time / money to do both :(

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
I was planning on going up to Dubs, as its only 40 odd mile from me, but i dunno if I'll be driving by then (hosp have told me not to drive for two weeks), so might give it a miss..

turbo4ni

Loving the bug mate..Always wanted one. Just not good enough at welding yet.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
The 8's have now been rubbered with 195/45/16's ( so little bit of a stretch)

Still don't think I will have all the tread under the arch though, so might need to get on camber shims.
On that note what car shares the same stub-axel rear suspension - 6n polo?

Ollie

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
saw your avatar when reading Engbudd's thready, and gotta say those wheels look gorgeous man!! What's the optimum offset and what is it for the 8J wheels? (you mentioned summat about stupid offset :D)

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
saw your avatar when reading Engbudd's thready, and gotta say those wheels look gorgeous man!! What's the optimum offset and what is it for the 8J wheels? (you mentioned summat about stupid offset :D)

Cheers for the comment.
Well I've been told that optimum offset to run an 8J would be around et20, but with the teledials I have being et 23 and then needing to run a 20mm adapter the et shown on the pictures is et3 giving me a little bit of a poke

Am currently looking into getting a set of discs drilled with both sets of holes, for easy swappage of wheels, giving me an et of 23 (which is much more managable :D)

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
I want another set of dials to spray white and run as everyday rims.
I have adapters etc so wouldn't be pricey on that front.
If you are thinking about dials or other porsche rims there are a set of adapters on edition for £100 at the moment, that doesn't seem a bad price (unless jenk can get some made????!!??)

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Well I have 2 going spare at the moment, see if you can find a set of wide rears and we can piece you a set together ;)

Might as well go for the staggered look

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
haha
I've just found one rear wheel, but they want a fortune for it!!!
You need 944 turbo rear wheels (pref the later ones, as they had a higher offset than the ones I have)

Ollie

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise