My Mk2 Ibizas, Beetle, Corrado and Golf Cabbies + Jetta. Think I have a car problem?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I want.....to see....my future car (g60)....when back....from the transplant (aka mad doctors place)

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Ok did not realise that would be classed as selling???? Was mearly showing my friends on my readers ride what I still had stashed.

Anyway pm me and we can go from there??

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Well on the theme of Dr's, I've had the plastic surgeon out to come have a look at the purple beast

As a few of you know I am a bit critical of things in general, so after I walked around it and pointed out every blemish I can find on the old girl he was a bit bemused (as its my L reg daily) but after a bit of haggling we settled on £500

That would make the car mint!!!!
As in without fault at all

Just have to find the £500. Does anyone want to buy some wheels??

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Whatcha mean??

You know how picky I am though, I'd find fault with a new car.

Can't wait for it to be done, just hope that it's a good job or i'll be gutted, and basically give the car away

Ollie

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
ollie, the pic that comes up every time you post a thread, the black ibiza, did you get the front bumper smoothed by any chance? im undicided wheather to do that or do what dinky dave has done and cut 2 holes in the number plate recess, then mount the number plate lower down.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
If I do then the next front bumper will eventually be smoothed, be one of he first mods on my list

I do I do, but all depends on how much they go for.

Maybe I should just give it up till the summer

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Also got me this for the daily - Raid Dino :D

wheel.jpg

just need to get a boss sorted for when the arm is better - thought it was a bit different to another momo team - and more oem looking

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Well it's been a while for an update

A few of you will know what I have been Upto

Originally purple Corrado was having a few issues, which lead me to believe the head was buggered. Turned out that the header tank return was blocked and I had an air lock behind my thermostat.

Due to these intermittent problems untill I could spend the time under the car to sort them I did what most of you would expect of me and bought another car and some wheels lol

f547d3f4.jpg

This little beaut was the cleanest little mk2 I have seen and served me very well, never missin a beat!!!

Coilovers were ordered, but then never arrived, so a few emails to paypal and the money was back in my account.

In the mean time I messed around with a dew sets of my wheels. Compomotive magnesiums have been split, and are currently being painted. Lips were repolished by Cecil.

Were previously looking like this
d3030cb2.jpg

And now look like this

842eda61.jpg

fc2500cf.jpg

But shhh don't tell anyone this, who knows which car they will end up on (maybe the mk2 though)

While all this was going on I had a little play with the wheels that live in the Purple Corrado
Before we were sitting a very sensible 7.5J and et25

However this happened

aad1c429.jpg

Oooohhhh shiny radinox
Goosnesss!!!!!

3" lips were the order of the day, with the wheels quickly rebuilt
f610e8c3.jpg

However there was a slight miscalculation of size, (I thought the wheels were originally et32) so we ended up with Et 6 9J.

A trip down the tyre place meant that fitting a 195/40 wasn't going to happen, so 195/45's were popped on instead

So we went from
DSC_1859.jpg

To

16138479.jpg

Last edited:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Brown Corrado is still away : ( not sure I will ever get it back

But the day it went over to the DR's it looked like this

fa7bbfa0.jpg

Which has been seen on a couple of blogs and on some
American forums (not me who posted it)

So least it is admired, even if it has disappeared for the moment

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
want brown raddo back :(

PS Et7 you pleb, for the last time lmao, you thought 1.5" would only take away 6mm from ET hahahaha lol

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Theonger the mk2 is around the more likely it is that something will be done to it!!

Am thinking of getting the lowering stick out and adding some girth
Can't shake the idea of wide RM's and a roof rack to take the little bugger surfing this summer

Ollie

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
its not a caddy, Ol ;)
like you say, shame the one i sent you the link on is so far away and needs a bit of work ;)
and the only thing wrong(IMO) with the mk2 is its a more-door.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
It is a good un, but like you say no caddy, really would love one, but can't justify the raddos and a caddy (as I'm supposed to be saving).

Sure that a healthy drop and some RM's or the Compo's will make the mk2 look pretty though.
Might however need a bit of arch work to get the 8.5 and 9's on it - and then there is the lack of PS which means I couldnt use it daily - but thats what the purple raddo is for

Ollie

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members