My Mk2 Ibizas, Beetle, Corrado and Golf Cabbies + Jetta. Think I have a car problem?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Progress today.
Messed with gear box and had a good look underneath. Car seems very solid underneath which is good.
also fitted a weighted short shift to make the gear change much more positive.

Think the arches need doing, so will also have them rolled and pulled to fit some big wide wheels.
Cxn's 8.5 + 9.5's will be a good look.

Massive space in the bay is crying out for a hot engine!! Bay is soooo clean it would be a shame to change it.

Single lighted mk2 golf front may be strapped on for a bit too, but I'm def keeping the front to put back on at a later date.

Cream leather interior????

Ollie

Last edited:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
do not change the lights ol, i really like the square headlights, suits the curves of it :D
wheels will be awesome, gonna keep them white?
schweeeeeeeeettttttt

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Wheels will have polished centres and the cream lips

Having a dilemma though, as i'm waiting for a shoulder op at the moment and the non power steering is killing my shoulder!!!

Might mean I have to get rid of this bloody car as well !!!!!! Nightmare

Should have just paid the extra insurance and kept the black cupra - still miss that thing!!

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
will look awesome ol :D

good luck with the op, and hopefully you don't have to sell the damn thing! too many changes in the last 2months lol

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Another option
Could Split both sets of schmidts to get a more workable set off widths

The TH could then be 7J and 8.5J with the ML's being 7J and 9.5J (and go on the raddo)

Can then either keep the TH (powder coat the centres and use them daily all year round) or sell them and stick the compo's on the Jetta

BBS can come off and be strapped on the remaining cabby for a weekend away to edition 38 this summer

Love it when a plan comes together

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Update - Disaster

Can't drive the bloody thing with the bad shoulder!!!

Yesterday drove to stafford and back, then to Cov and back with a resulting shoulder ache that is still here this morning!!!

Not sure what to do about this now!!! A mate has suggested throwing a power steering rack an a G60 in the front of it - do-able for about 1K.

I'm really starting to feel the love for the little beaut, but at the moment my shoulder is telling me otherwise. If its bad now, what will it be like to try and drive after my op??

Ollie

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
50 psi in the fronts :whistle:

Your mates idea sounds good, finish off a nice motor. How about a PD lump though? Modern, good power and super economical. One of the lads on clubgti has a PD in a mk1 golf and it goes very well.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i told ya shove a PS rack in :p

i'm with jenk, shove in a PD engine mate, then it definitely can be a daily :p

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Hmm been offered a very nice VR6 golf

14032010161.jpg

Jetta turned heads in cov last night, so would be a shame for it to go, but my shoulder isn't good today at all!

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
do it ol, put a vento front end on, and your laughing (buy it off you in a few months time :p) lol

PS wheres the fog lights and the rear door trim :confused: lol

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
ol i absolutely love the jetta mate! please do not sell!
power steering = WIN!!!!

love it mate, looks so tidy! :D

good spotting ya mate, we need to catch up soon :)

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Hey, yeah nice to see you too.
Know what you mean about the powersteering, but that to me seems like £300 spent for no real gain in what the car is worth, when that could go towards arches, paint or wheels ...... ;)

Ollie

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
or throw an engine in with PS already on it :p

it won't cost £300 for PS, are you a nut?
will be like £100 tops (including labour) :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.