mouse cupra 180

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
about a month ago i noticed a quite squeek coming from the o/s of the engine bay on my mk4 ibiza cupra its slowly got louder and was sqeeking more. then all four breaks decided to start squeeking too (heavy late breaking)! so when car is idling or is at low revvs the engine cam belt is :censored: squeeking how and where would i tighten the belt? water pump pulley?

thanks for looking

IMG_6577.jpg

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i belive the cam belt is an automatic adjusted system... (thats what i have been told about my 1.4..) mine makes a wine in the winter and has just started to do it again :(, and my brakes have been sqeeking for a few hunderd miles after i got my disks and pads changed...and is so annoying so your not the only one :)

gazjones

mine squeeks slightly somtimes light rev stipps it and mines just been serviced!

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
In respect of the squeeling brakes you should try removing the pads and putting a good coating of Copper Grease on the backplate of them before refitting - usually stops the problem.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the breaks are squecking coz the break pads are low. it doesnt suprise me they squeek coz i abuse them a treat! booked the beast in at seat tomorrow for the breaks to be changed might get them to have a look at the squeek from cambelt.

gazjones

i dont think its tha cam belt they are tothed i belive this other belt is what drives the water pump ac alternator i would say its that not the cam belt!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the cambelt is toothed your right but it could slip left to right along teeth and i can twist it more than 90' when cover is off and thats too lose but will take a butchers at the alternator belt tomorrow morning probably easier to adjust that 1 too!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
took car into seat garage thursday and my water pump pulley has gone :censored: up! luckily getting it done under warranty even tho ive got all the bits under the hood was quite shocked but i wont complain saved me a few hundred smackers.

wont get my baby back till wednesday so im stuck with my bro's terribly slow mitsubishi colt 1.3:wtf: 0-60 in 5mins so if you have a squeek coming from cambelt area check the water pump:blink:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
Not Happy!

exstreamly annoyed car went in last thursday and was suppost to get it back for the weekend was getting water pump, cambelt, pulleys, tentioner, and front breaks changed (quite alot!) and got a call off them saying wont get it back till next week as some parts are on back order (could take weeks to get in!)

good news tho getting all pipes and stuff to remove woosh valve and put 007 forge recirculating valve on!!!! and got some coilovers sorted out to go on within next month:D also getting a quote from longlife exhausts for a sports downpipe and cat, full system exhaust and backbox custom made with bigger bore!:) so cant wait to update the pics and my bank account when its done:wtf: !!

gazjones

i would personally go with milltek mate if your car is running that power go with something thats tried and tested they sound ace as well!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
yep go for the Milltek, you won't regret it, just ask Ric2001, My car was the developement car for the milltek one and they did a cracking job. In fact my old FR is still the pic they use on the site, aaahhh, where is se now i wonder.

Anyway, get that, don't mess about with custom made exhausts as it is just a big gamble and there really is no science in it at all, so you could end up losing power too

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
where would i go to get a sports cat downpipe and full system and backbox to fit my car from miltech dont mind fitting it all together n putting it up there myself as cud do it at work any ideas on price (guesstimate):shrug:

gazjones

awsome gti but near you i think jkm se;; them they have a banner on this site but you can get them from most plces that adsvertise on hear and the will deliver as well!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ive been getting quotes for my exhaust system that i want for like £740 :-o

what the :censored: ck

surely i can get sports cat downpipe fullsystem and backbox for cheaper than that!!!!

help!

gazjones

i got mine for 460 full system
downpipe and cat retail at about 300 and back section ( cat back) about 270

gazjones

maybe about right yes you can get it for about 550 if you get discount from places or they have a group buy on

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members