Mounted Tomtom 720 Pics

LWCARAB

Aug 21, 2007
Essex
Here is the Spash screen ready for the widescreen tomtoms, edited it myself to get it to fit, just open large view and save as:

Up to know it's fine being down there, it's a bit higher than the fitted Sat Nav anyway but you don't have the MFD display.
The voice commands are very good too so it's rare when you have to look at the screen.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Up to now it's fine being down there, it's a bit higher than the fitted Sat Nav anyway but you don't have the MFD display.
The voice commands are very good too so it's rare when you have to look at the screen.

Can you install it any higher is is that where the brodit mount has to go?

LWCARAB

Aug 21, 2007
Essex
To add the spash screen, just browse to the tomtom in windows explorer and find the image folder.

I think you could mount it a bit higher, it hooks behind the fascie so as long at there is 5mm of space behind the climate control fascia, it should work.

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
To add the spash screen, just browse to the tomtom in windows explorer and find the image folder.

I think you could mount it a bit higher, it hooks behind the fascie so as long at there is 5mm of space behind the climate control fascia, it should work.

On my TomTom Classic, the file is called Splash.bmp and is at the root level of the SD card. I just replaced the existing splash.bmp with the one above.

PS, you have to rotate it 90 degrees too for it to come out right.

DaveI

Oct 5, 2007
How are people powering their Tom Toms, just plugging them into the cigarette lighter or wiring them into a permanent feed?

Reason I ask is i've just ordered the brodit clip and active mount (higher up near the airvent clip) and i've gone for the active mount that comes with simply two bare wires which they advise you to "Install over a 2 A fuse inside the dashboard". Anyone give a simple explanation of how this is done? Will I have to get my soldering iron out??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.