MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Pinscher90

May 2, 2019
Cupra 290 arrived today, desire red, feel like a little kid with a new toy :D.

Ordered mine on 2yr lease through nationwide, and the delivery guy took it to the local car wash before handing over and gave me a set of mats! Only fault found from handover is tiny paint chip on bonnet, i couldnt photo it in this weather, but that will pass wear and tear anyhow, also recorded a delivery mileage of 128 miles, has a quarter tank of petrol so will take it to local costco for 99 ron top up.

Quick question about wing mirrors and service book! It doesnt have a service book it has instruction manual, satnav but no service book... is that normal?

Also on my ateca the wing mirrors fold in when you hold down the lock button on the keyfob. But here it seems you have to do it via the button next to wing mirrors, that right,? It doesnt do it automatically etc or any other way?

Thanks

James

Yeah I received mine yesterday and it I had the same issue

I reset the system and then it started working

Also mAke sure you tick the mirror fold option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edp33

May 29, 2019
Yeah I received mine yesterday and it I had the same issue

I reset the system and then it started working

Also mAke sure you tick the mirror fold option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks went into vehicle settings, mirrors and selected option to fold on lock. The service book checked with nationwide and SEAT are tech savvy so it is all done ok computers instead of service stamps hence no service book required

Edp33

May 29, 2019
Thanks went into vehicle settings, mirrors and selected option to fold on lock. The service book checked with nationwide and SEAT are tech savvy so it is all done ok computers instead of service stamps hence no service book required

On another note seems Costco are 97 Ron now so filled up anyhow but will try tesco 99 Ron momentum next time

Andyt127

Jul 24, 2019
Ordered a Cupra 290 from Nationwide on 25th June. Due to be delivered on Monday... I must say I'm rather excited!
I'm a 1st time leaser, so we'll see how that works out in 3 years time.

It's going to be a long few days!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Not sure if I should create a separate thread.

Servicing- I have read worrying reviews on servicing Cupra’s And lack of knowledge by dealers.

I’m considering a service plan vs a private company.

Does anyone have advice on taking out the seat service plan or going private.

I have the 5yr warranty and confirmed it does not matter either way but I want my car kept in good order ?

Deleted member 103408

I have no experience of service plans but what I would suggest if nobody can help is check out the maintenance schedule which you can find on this forum against what they say they will do and when just to make sure they cover everything that is needed.

For me if you know what they are supposed to be doing (issues normally around Front Diff / Haldex Service and DSG Service) then when they say you dont need it you can prove you do.

Hope that makes sense

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Finally, after it being sat in a dealership in Sunderland for just over 2 months awaiting my return to the UK, the Cupra was delivered on the back of a truck this morning! Just 9 miles on the clock so they didn't use it as a demo as a expected. Haven't had chance to drive it yet but so far very pleased.

IMG_20190726_111048-04.jpeg
IMG_20190726_114320-01.jpeg

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Probably not the right place to ask this. But having received the car it doesn't have a service book. Is this normal? Also how can I check I got the 5 yr extended warranty I paid for as I can't find any paperwork in the car?

Edp33

May 29, 2019
Probably not the right place to ask this. But having received the car it doesn't have a service book. Is this normal? Also how can I check I got the 5 yr extended warranty I paid for as I can't find any paperwork in the car?

Hi see my post above you don’t get service books with SEAT it is all done online you can get service info from your local dealer or calling SEAT

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Hi see my post above you don’t get service books with SEAT it is all done online you can get service info from your local dealer or calling SEAT
Thanks for the response. Don't know how I missed your post :blink:. Feeling a bit dumb right now......:hide:

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Dealer sent me a picture of the system where this sits as a record.

I made sure I had some record because I paid for this on a previous VW and they didn’t add it,I had to go through a long complaint process to get my money back and nearly took them to court when Big VW stepped in and quickly paid me back :)

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Dealer sent me a picture of the system where this sits as a record.

I made sure I had some record because I paid for this on a previous VW and they didn’t add it,I had to go through a long complaint process to get my money back and nearly took them to court when Big VW stepped in and quickly paid me back :)
I'll give SEAT a call to double check. If it's not added I'll make sure it gets added. Thanks for the info.

Rick89

May 10, 2019
Finally got my mystery blue 290 delivered a couple of days ago, and I love it already.
Drove it around in the 38 degree heat on Thursday and it sounded brilliant, pops, bangs, dsg farts in cupra mode right off the bat.
Feel like this 3 year lease is going to fly by, what a car!

View attachment 8860 View attachment 8861
Love my mag grey but I do think the Mystery Blue looks insanely good. Real head turner.

Andyt127

Jul 24, 2019
My new Cupra arrived at 8.30am this morning which surprised me somewhat. The delivery guy had driven it 200 miles down from Bradford and even had time to take it to the car wash.
Really pleased with it so far, goes like a train and feels like it's on rails.

Attachments

• Cupras.jpg
    Cupras.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.