MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Woody31

Jul 16, 2018
I actually think the copper looks ok on the blue thankfully! Still a shame there won’t be more copper touches on the interior though.

Reactions: kevlar

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Sorry I’ve been off the grid since collection on Monday, but I think it’s time for a mini write up compared to my out-going 290 Black Edition manual:

The 7 speed DSG is very smooth on gear change and very very quick when it needs to be and then unobtrusive and almost imperceptible when not. When using the paddles it’s great and 7 gears isn’t really a problem as top won’t engage if the rpm is too low. Essentially you can drive it like a 6 speed most of the time.

It might just be me, but the steering rack feels marginally quicker in Cupra mode with a touch more weight - still feels very good.

The DCC feels slightly more taught in comfort, but it could just be because everything is brand new and still very tight. On Cupra it feels the same.

The Virtual dash is good but you can display far far too much into to the point where it’s just a distraction! I’ve switched it into central gauge mode so just shows RPM with speed in the centre and that’s perfect. It does look bloody good when you run it in full screen navigation mode though.

I really miss the bucket seats for looks and general body hugging ability, but after a 5.5 hour drive back home from Stockport (should have taken 2 hours less) the standard seat feels, dare I say it, a more comfy seat for everyday driving. It still needs buckets though as it’s the Cupra and the flagship...

Finally, exhaust. With a warm exhaust it crackles on overrun and definitely pops and bangs, but I can’t really hear any crack on gearchange, nor the DSG fart; it’s more of a very muted THWAP noise. I suspect as the exhaust beds in it will probably make more noises. On cold idle, it’s a deeper note with more of a burble, which deepens after about 15-20s.

I’m gonna be controversial here, but compared to driving the manual...I prefer the manual. It’s to easy to put your toe down and bash through the gears with DSG; I feel less involved. With manual I can rev match myself, left foot brake, hold the gears when I want and feel more like I’m part of the car. I actually feel like I’m not concentrating as much too so I can see me getting quite complacent the longer I drive.

All in all, it’s the little improvements all round that make it a better car overall...maybe I’m just be ultra picky..but at least I’m honest!
84E80671-66CA-4BDD-BE22-BE09C623EA13.jpeg

Nick Woods

Aug 23, 2018
UK - Midlands
Here what I got told by IMG today when booking my collection.

I mentioned about the Cupra having a 7 speed now.

The answer I got was well they didn’t know if it is a 7 speed as Seat might be counting the reserve gear within that??!!!!! As in it could be a 6 speed with the reverse making it a 7?!
Considering a lot of you picked up the cars from them yesterday I had to hold in the laughter.

Walshy I think you may of spoke to her.

Hi,

I picked up My (Franken)Cupra from IMG on Monday and its a 7 speed.

p.s im loving it!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
@Lmbarrett83 I notice a stop/start button there, but no heated seats so the Winter Pack isn't on that car, is the start/stop button now standard? I assumed it was only part of KESSY which is only on the Cupra LUX...
Correct no winter pack on this car.
It has KESSY - with it being a different market their spec may differ.
The order was made on the 24th July according to the post.

Sourced from the Spanish forums.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottyP89

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Also, I’ve bought the gloss black CUPRA to replace the chrome one currently fitted, but do you think I should tint the front fogs?

View attachment 2522

View attachment 2523
I definitely agree with tinted fogs if done well.

Thanks for your write up. I must say I'm little disappointed in the exhaust from your review.

I'm coming from a silent 280 manual and originally ordered a 300 manual.

When I was told my order was being converted to a DSG, it was the DSG farts e.t.c that I was excited about.

Were they still pretty quiet under heavy acceleration? Under DSG sport mode?

Did you get beats? heard conflicting reviews about that upgrade. Don't remember reading any pre week 42's collecting a car with it yet.

Not expecting mine until early/mid December.

Reactions: CupraRobX

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
A little yeah, especially as you're one of the lucky few carbon owners..

Saying that they didn't fully kit those out as I expected - so I think I kind of get it.

Only the UK didn't spec them well, or more accurately, at all! Only thing I actually miss is Seat Sound, but its still quite good, just needs a sub which is easy enough to sort!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Only the UK didn't spec them well, or more accurately, at all! Only thing I actually miss is Seat Sound, but its still quite good, just needs a sub which is easy enough to sort!
Tbh this was the main thing I was referring too.

Like the R's I was fully expecting an upgraded audio system AKA SS or BA as standard.

The standard system in the MK3 isn't bad at all. I've just found it to lack bass compared to other upgraded systems. With the BA though I may have gotten more than I bargained for. I've read posts that suggest SS was the better all-rounder.

Reactions: Damo H
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.