MK3 Leon ST FR 400BHP Sleeper Project - Cupra Engine and DQ250 Swap

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
No real update - I'm not really the best person to have a car thread considering I've only washed the Leon once!

The car has now hit 50,000 miles (actually up around 50700 at the time of writing this). That means the car has covered 3500 miles since the engine swap, and 2400 miles since the turbo replacement.

t5weLj3.jpeg

I still haven't even looked at sorting the front 2 piece discs, although that is something I really do want to resolve. Not just for looks/performance, but because I feel financially committed to the 2 piece setup!

Also discovered a couple of things to add to the to do list (that I should update). The Mk8 golf R line seats maybe aren't as plug and play as I first thought! Not 100% sure yet but I have a fault for passenger occupancy sensor, and unlike me I sold the FR seats before realising this. Hopefully there is one on the Mk8 seat, just on the heated seat plug that I haven't investigated yet.

Also I get intermittent engine management light for 02 sensor due to the trackslag decat but only running a stage 1 map. This is something I will look at ideally with a turbo upgrade - but I still want to sort the VAQ and just haven't had any time to look at the car. On the plus side, I've been using the car almost daily and it really is a great car. It has also surprised a whole host of other cars on the road which has been entertaining!

Oh and the front assist randomly stopped working and has come up with a reversible alignment fault, which is odd as it was working perfectly and as far as I can tell hasn't taken a knock at all. Something else to look at!

To do list:

- Wash and machine polish whole car

- Investigate slight exhaust blow - had a look and couldn't find anything, but still not convinced

- Sort VAQ issue

- Fit right hand exhaust heat shield

- Fit sound deadening to boot floor, and golf estate spare wheel well carpet

- Sort 370mm disc issue out

- Fit 370mm disc guards (bought from a TTRS part no and they don't fit!!)

- Retrofit auto lights & wipers

- Retrofit auto dimming rear view mirror

Then longer term things:

- Upgrade audio with Seat Sound

- Fit reversing camera

- Do a black/alcantara roof lining conversion

- Try and find Cupra Estate alcantara door cards (facelift)

- Fit Virtual Cockpit (purchased) and MIB2 unit with MOST port

- Choose bigger turbo and get mapped to suit

I think the list is getting longer rather than shorter!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.