missing a little

frank_grimes

Just wanted to know if this is normal, but my Gti 8V misses a little at idle, sometime. Which is the strange thing, it will be the perfect car sometime then all then sudden it misses a beat :confused:

It not a major miss just annoying, vie changed the spark plugs, leads, fuel relay, cleaned the Air flow meter as well as the idle one, fuel injector cleaner, changed oil and fuels (bp ultimate). It went from a car that had an idle problem to one that now misses..Is this normal or is there any thing left that I can change or clean?

I've read the previous threads and did what they said just wondering whether im fighting a losing battel.

frank_grimes

coil has been replaced, i guess its time for the dizzy cap and rotor arm. Not that expensive in the UK but im in Adelaide Australia, my search will begin soon. Never changed the dizzy arm do i have to do anything special?

Where is the fuel filter is it in the back or engine bay.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
No its easy.. unbolt dizzy cap pull off arm (could be stuck on) replace with new arm and cap easY! :D

Fuel filter is located under the petrol tank in the middle near the beam.. just unclip both hose`s and pull out (beware of gettin petrol in your eyes :doh: ) and reverse the process ti replace with the new one.

Hope that helps :D

frank_grimes

thank you all for your help will do all of that very soon and post back to tell you if it worked..

frank_grimes

thanks andythom i think i might have found a VW dealer whom sells allot of seat parts local..there's no seat dealers left in Australia, well i haven't seen one..

You guys have a access to a lot more performance bits then we would. Most thing would need to be custom made.

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
frank_grimes said:
thanks andythom i think i might have found a VW dealer whom sells allot of seat parts local..there's no seat dealers left in Australia, well i haven't seen one..

You guys have a access to a lot more performance bits then we would. Most thing would need to be custom made.

Most of the stuff is VW anyway. If by performance you mean exhausts and suspension then yes that is typically SEAT only with no crossover, unless you want to go mix and matching suspension.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.