Leon Pulling Power...To The Left Anyway

johnny_M

Hot-Rod !
All, I have a 2001 Leon TDI.

About 6 months ago my car started pulling to the left under acceleration. 12 months before that I had both wishbones replaced.

I recently had the car 4 wheel aligned, and it still pulled to the left. I have just had both bushes replaced on both sides as the alignment company said it was because of play in the wishbones.

And guess what it still pulls to the left under acceleration.

Does any one have any thoughts on what it could be ?

Many Thanks

John

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
bushes or suspension misalignment.i worked as a alignment and camber fitter for years and not all the time the work gets done correctly... i aint sayin all garages the same but the term used when i worked there was (in & out no doubt) basically wire brush track rod ends clean and any adjustment bolts then apply a thin layer of copper grease over track rod lock nut thread easy money for little time spent dodgy and not nice i know but make sure you find somewhere that wil let you watch them take readings.even 1 degree out spells disaster for some cars..ask them if they,ve had kit tested to confirm accuracy of alignment.calibration.. places like rapid fitting tyre companies thrive off tracking jobs boosting bonuses and end of day profit margins. hope this helps mate

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
mines been tracked andalligned by someone i know , it was fine for few hours then sort of reverted back to pulling ???

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this! I got mine tracked about a month back now when I had two new front tyres on it, and noticed it wasnt pulling about as much with potholes etc, and after about a week it seems to be back in the old habit of letting the council's lack of care for the road decide where I'm going!! and mine also pulls left all the time as well if I let go of the wheel (standard practise for driving obviously!!)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.