leon mk1 turbo knackard (maybe)

bombhead

Hi Guys

Im after some info
I took my leon cupra (mk 1) to the garage 2 days ago the syptoms were when it was ideling it would hover around 550 rpm then correct itself back to 900ish.
The car didnt feel slugish and was fine at motorway speeds.
The garage said the turbo or boost valve was at fault and to investigate further they would need to remove the turbo.
My questions are how long does it take to remove the turbo? the garage have charged me for 10 hours labour (over 500 quid +vat) just to remove it.
They have now told me it is the boost valve and thats going to be 60quid +vat
Then extra to refit in labour hours
Just want to make sure im not being ripped off as I thought the turbo didnt come in until higher revs so why would affect the tickover ?

Cheers dan

bombhead

WOW Thanks for the quick reply
Im unable to check the car as its at the garage and in bits they reckon that they have had to take the exhaust and cat off and also move the engine forward to get the turbo past the rack I think they are trying pull a fast one and am going down there tomorrow and want to go down armed with some info.

Cheers dan

kenty

Hi mate

I changed my turbo as the shaft snapped. It took me 3.5 hours to remove it. Its a simple job.
You dont have to move the engine, yes drop off the downpipe/cat (just makes it easier to reach the oil and water pipes on the turbo).

But I dont think your problem is the turbo, I'd say possibly a vacuum leak - again check all pipes as above....

bombhead

Cheers guys

Think im goin to have a fun day tomorrow when i visit the garage i will let you know how i get on;)

Cheers Dan

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise