leon cupra pulling to the left

maky_LC

my car really annoying me. my 2000 leon cupra 20vt is pulling to left quiet badly.

when steering wheel is held straight the car goes straight. second you let go a bit it pulls to the left. figured it maybe weak shocks springs etc. just fitted coilovers problems still there. bushings all checked and are fine. just had lazer 4 wheel allinment car was very slightly out but all fixed and problems still there.

any ideas people:confused:

maky_LC

nah aint road camber cuz i though that for the start. does it if your on or off the throttle it doesnt matter

black04ctdi

My cupra TDI does this, looked into it and apparently its quite common unfortunately! Had alignment done on mine too, the rear is out slightly but there is no adjustment possible. Think it needs new rear hubs or something. It is well annoying on the motorway having to hold the steering wheel straight so it doesn't veer left!

maky_LC

when they did the tracking they mentioned one rear was out a tad but as you say you cant adjust it. looks like gonna have to put up with it then

paulrushton

Apr 5, 2009
Silly thought but have you checked tyre pressures. I had a mondeo st which did this turned out that one of the rears was under inflated, blew it up and it drove much better.

glenryck

Check trye pressure i had a slow puntcure in my lcr it pulled to left tured out to be under inflated got it fixed (lucky) sorted.

Deleted member 48395

Mine does it slightly, not as bad as when the front left wheel was really out!

Deleted member 48395

The place I had mine done is listed on that site and did a great job. Still pulls, but to be honest I think that's just the camber of roads around here.

GregM

Jul 13, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Has anyone mentioned the brakes? Might be worth checking.

If its none of already posted things things you may just have to hold onto the steering wheel all the time. Odd I know but it's a good fix. :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise