LCR Tyres... Falken FK-452...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I had 4 new Falken FK-452 225/40 ZR18 92Y extra load tyres fitted on saturday for a very good price of £280 :yes:

the next cheapest price i could find was £300 for 4 of them fitted and ballanced!

DSC09657.jpg

I had the originals on the rear and some yokie prada spec 2s on the front.

all were down to the legal limit hence the new Falkens!

Instantly the car feels much better. the pradas are a summer tyre and are very good in the dry, but crap in the wet. it was raining all day saturday and as soon as i left the tyre place i gave it a bit of welly in 3rd, normally traction control would have a field day espically as it was wet, but amazing the traction control didnt come into play no where near as much as with the pradas on! thus showing how much more grip the Falken 452s have! :yes: (ok they are new but the pradas were always **** from day one in the wet!)

also around round abouts the rear end feels more planted (well the whole car does) with the Falkens on! :)

about a month ago i looked on tyretest.com and the Falkens got a very good 1.7 out of 6 (1 being best!) which is the same score and/or better than the toyo proxes-Rs, good year eagles and dunlop sport tyres! (which are all around the £100 mark)

so it seams value for money and performance the Falken-452s are not to be sniffed at! ;)

oh and the Falkens are extra load tyres too, which LCRs require!

and lastly, I think the tread pattern looks good too! lol :) :whistle:

hope this is of some use to people!

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
They wont last long, had them on the front of a focus TDCI, they really took a beating from memory i only got 10k out of them.

Cupraloon

Well done there J@mes, I ordered a couple of these yesterday, so thats good news i havn't wasted my hard earned, they do indeed look good, so it's good to hear they perform as well...

Just need 2 more for the front, when those shitey Couriers die, and all will be right with the world :lol:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
They wont last long, had them on the front of a focus TDCI, they really took a beating from memory i only got 10k out of them.

il wait and see! :)

obviously it depends on how u drive too! :)doh: )

i got 14k ish out of the OEM front perreli crap tyres and 12k ish out of the front pradas and that was a track day on each and pod on each too! (i got 26k out of the OEM rear perrelis (2 track days on them))

according to tyre test.com the falkens will wear better than my yokie pradas so fingers crossed! :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Good stuff, always good to have other (cheaper) options :D

Not usually something I want to skimp on, as I'd rather be £200 poorer than parked in a bush. But if the performance is good enough and the price better still, it's a no brainer :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I agree rob, if it wasnt for the high score with tyretest.com then I wouldnt have got them!

after all wats the point in having a fair amount of power in a FWD car with sh*t tyres?!
but at the same time I dont want to have to suffer and pay the earth for the so called best tyres that got the same score but cost a good £30 more each tyre!

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
my lcr came with these fitted on the front, and they seem pretty decent tbh.

for that price aswell i'm tempted to get another set when they need replacing after i paid £230 fitted for my gsd3's on the back. thats only 50 less than you've just paid for 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gazjones

interesting read as ill be looking for this size from now on for my r32 golf. and at 280 for 40 thats a great price

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
my lcr came with these fitted on the front, and they seem pretty decent tbh.

for that price aswell i'm tempted to get another set when they need replacing after i paid £230 fitted for my gsd3's on the back. thats only 50 less than you've just paid for 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

true but i got them for £70 each fitted because the owner knows my dad! ;) otherwise the next cheapest place i could find was rochford tyres at £75 fitted each (so £20 more for 4 tyres!), which is still a very competitive price!

on mytyres.co.uk they are £77 delivered at the mo and i think its about £10 to fit a tyre, so thats £87 roughly from mytyres!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
that is a very good price rob! :yes:

however you obviously need to find a place to fit and balance them.

AFAIK £10 per wheel is the going rate for 18" alloys. correct? :shrug:

thus ur looking at about £72.80 fitted each :)

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
I'm glad ive found someone else who has had these tyres fitted. My front 2 are now down to 2mm and these were the tyres i was considering to fit as there are only £77.70 each on mytyres.co.uk.

Much easier when you have a tyre machine at work, save on fitting costs.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
When my F1's run out I will go with these as they seem to be a bargain. James make sure you update the thread once they are worn in properly!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.