Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
Dude, unbolt the slides from the car and attach them to the bumper! You just need to take a few wheel arch liner screws out! Loads easier! Trust me! :D

ye just did a search and found it, all done now cheers

looks sweet mate im defo going to do mine i have the bits i just need the time an the angle grinder... wont your fogs fit at all then

yes they will but you need to route the pipes a bit different

I think your photo's are going to be very usefull when i do mine, also do they do the conecting silicon pipes in black?

the company i got them from doesnt but im sure there will be some on ebay,

nev have you roughed up all the pipes with a file or some thing ? as the tend to pop off under boost my mates forge intercooler on his s3 blew them off at least 3 times .. i done mine before i fitted it as i no how much a pain the bumper is to get on ... looks really good tho mate as does your whole car

ye i scuffed them all up, but the way i have put the pipes they will find it hard to pop off and got some silly strong clamps

Looks spot on now nev get out there and give it a blast nice cool air will help aswell.

All that extra paint your putting on the pipes will slow you down now tho.

I did remove my fogs for more air flow :D

its ok mate, i thought the extra paint would slow me down so i removed mt torch from the glove box. :whistle:

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
took it out today and im chuffed, where it use to top off power higher in the revs it keeps pulling to the red line, also my torque was reading 231ish and now 253. so not bad really, no extra psi from boost.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
IMG_2003-1.jpg

IMG_2004-1.jpg

IMG_2005-1.jpg

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Glad your happy with it. I haven't got any guages or stuff to read the torque in my cupra but after fitting the fmic i definately noticed the power stays on higher up the rev range. I was pleased with it too, from that point of view and the fact that if i want to go for more power then i now have the cooling in place to handle it and at a nice little saving!

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Actually worked out bit more for the cupra than i think it did for nev in the lcr because the intercooler was bit more expensive and harder to find one with the inlet and outlet on the same side. Cost me just over £200.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
How much are these FMIC?

look at the first page mate, all the prices on the first post, just under £200 for me.

Glad your happy with it. I haven't got any guages or stuff to read the torque in my cupra but after fitting the fmic i definately noticed the power stays on higher up the rev range. I was pleased with it too, from that point of view and the fact that if i want to go for more power then i now have the cooling in place to handle it and at a nice little saving!

i was thinking the same thing, ready for when i go for a remap,

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
looks good mate, whats that thing in your right air duct inside car mate? i cant wait to do mine, are all the hoeses ok. ive ordered some more clamps cause only had 4 before but sorted now. also when you did your boost gauge did you put it through the same place as the bonnet release? cheers bud

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
I had stage 1 early on in the year but since then it's had green filter, forge dv, ths tip, high flow downpipe and sports cat, cat back and now fmic. May go for the stage 2 now to take all this into account.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
looks good mate, whats that thing in your right air duct inside car mate? i cant wait to do mine, are all the hoeses ok. ive ordered some more clamps cause only had 4 before but sorted now. also when you did your boost gauge did you put it through the same place as the bonnet release? cheers bud

its a race diagnostics gauge, gives me a readout of everything the car does.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts

Did you do a write up and take pics mate?

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
I didn't do a write up mate no, its fairly self explanitary though to be honest. Will be taking the front bumper off again though soon to do a big clean up as used the car to get to some country fishing venues and looks like i have been off roading so will take some pictures and a guide then for anybody who wants to have a go.