LCR A Head Turner??

Pavalova

The Mk4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl is Awesome....however, there are loads of little "replicas" appearing now (I should know my Golf was one of the first to have a Genuine VW R-Line kit fitted in the UK). Its amazing how many 1.4's now sport R32 bits...having come from the factory looking like a GTI anyway.

To be fair...I have always owned "headturners", purely cause most of the cars I choose are pretty from the factory. This isnt a brag, cause my point s this....I purchased my LCR recently and I personally think its one of the best "out of the box" cars out there....but I was really surprised just how many heads turn as you drive by. What is even more shocking is the amount of people that want to "race", most notably by sitting right on my behind! GRRR.

I have a LCR in Ebony Black (The best colour, even Platinum onwers know it! :p )....no pics as of yet due to the weather....but if you want to see my Golf (just cause its relevant to this post)...here it is....once voted "December" for the Ukmkivs.net calendar....and yes, I prefer my LCR to this!

DCP_4239Small.jpg

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
pavalova, you know deep deep down in your soul that Platinum Grey is the best colour. Top tip for ya when your cleaning your car, put a little petrol in the buckets with the suds, works wonders. PLATINUM GREY .

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
On that day i just drove my normal route to work on A and B roads (48 miles) with lights and aircon on (6.30 am) and stuck to the speed limits. Resisted the urge to drive it flat out and did this all week. I filled the car up with 590 miles on the clock and an estimated 20 left in the tank (according to the OBC) :D
Think i found the perfect combination of a CC phase 1 map, Shell extra diesel and some millers diesel sport 4 :funk:

Will be getting a remap soon, do you find it more economical with it?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
nice car davey, how do you find it against the petrol models.

It holds it's own very well. There are very few LCR's in my area (think i've only seen 2) so i couldn't comment on a head to head, but against The old and new Golf GTI's and 4Motions..... They have to eat my soot! I expect an R32 would eat me though :lol:

Will be getting a remap soon, do you find it more economical with it?
The economy is spot on! 600+-ish miles per tank on an economy run, and over 550 with normal spirited driving thrown in. You can't fault it.
I can't compare the economy to how it was before the map as i only had it for about 4,000 miles and got it mapped. Now its on 16,000 miles and is looseining up. I think most standard FR TDI's are getting similair MPG so i don't think it's made it worse. If it has then it's a very small drop and one i can live with :funk:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.