Lack of service / maintenance book

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Afternoon all,

My Cupra (registered Jan 19) has just pinged for an oil change. I went hunting for the service /maintenance book but couldn't find it in the wallet that came with the car. As the car is leased I had a look at Arval's fees and looks like they charge £100 for a lost service book. I called the dealer the car came from and they said it's likely the car didn't come with one as they have/are being fazed out.

My wife's got another Leon again leased through Arval and from the same dealer which does have a service book. That car was a June 2018 car.

Question is has anyone else not received a book with the car? I'm not intending on getting the car serviced at main dealer as it's not mine. Happy to go to Kwik fit/F1 autocentres etc as they are considerably cheaper. I just don't want to expect a bill upon returning the car. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Thanks in advance

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
No service books now it is all on SEATS cloud somewhere somehow. Going to Kwikfit may not suffice the terms of your lease agreement, might have to phone lease company to confirm.

Reactions: Cupra_2019

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Afternoon all,

My Cupra (registered Jan 19) has just pinged for an oil change. I went hunting for the service /maintenance book but couldn't find it in the wallet that came with the car. As the car is leased I had a look at Arval's fees and looks like they charge £100 for a lost service book. I called the dealer the car came from and they said it's likely the car didn't come with one as they have/are being fazed out.

My wife's got another Leon again leased through Arval and from the same dealer which does have a service book. That car was a June 2018 car.

Question is has anyone else not received a book with the car? I'm not intending on getting the car serviced at main dealer as it's not mine. Happy to go to Kwik fit/F1 autocentres etc as they are considerably cheaper. I just don't want to expect a bill upon returning the car. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Thanks in advance
Its supposed to eb moving to all electronic. I got one in my 2018. You can buy service books if you want one so you have more tangible proof its been done :)

Reactions: Cupra_2019

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
No service book and whilst Seat should have electronic copy of service I keep the invoices.

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
Thanks for the replies. That's put my mind at rest.

I've already checked with the lease company and they said as long as the parts are seat approved it's fine to service anywhere else. Pretty much just means upgrading the oil when taking it to either kwikfit/Halfords etc. Works out about £70-80 cheaper.

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
I would purchase genuine seat parts rather than seat approved to be on the safe side.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Me too; I'm guessing that the only parts that would be SEAT approved are SEAT parts. But I have been known to be wrong before. Just ask Mrs Seriously ;)

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
To anyone who may want a service book for their vehicle Coverdale Car Parts had some printed to order and they looked very good to me.
01942 255535 is the number i think, they are in Wigan, ask for Mike.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise