kumho tires

kevlpool24

apr tuned
Mar 15, 2008
liverpool
put the leon in for mot last week, must say very happy flew threw it with one advisory,
front tyre near too limit , just what i need just before christmas. so after doing some reasearch went for two kumho ku31 i must say a very good tyre, took about 50 miles to scrub them in but value for money and road holding is excellent better than the michelin pilots i had on. does anyone else use these just wondering what the life span is on these.

smokescreen

I've actually got some KU31's on order for my own LC, would have been fitted on Tuesday if it wasn't for the useless delivery companies (!!!).

Have been driving on Kumho/Marshall (same thing) tyres for a while now myself, with the KH35s on my previous car. Excellent grip in dry and wet, and pretty quiet too. Wear has been very good so far on those as well.

The KU31's apparently have a softer compound and therefore wont last as long as some others, but this is rewarded with excellent characteristics in day to day use. I got mine at £70 a corner fitted for 225/45/17s which is fantastic.

A member or Briskoda wrote an detailed review of this tyre here : http://briskoda.net/gearbox-tyres/conti-scii-kumho-ku31/60418/

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Yeah I got some Kumho Ecsta Supras on Leona at the moment. Initially I was disappointed as I was downgrading from my old Good Year Eagle F1s - God rest their soul. Anyway, after they wore in i've been really impressed with them - especially since they were less than half the money of the Good Years.

£70 each for 225/40/18

Top tyre in my opinion.

Last edited:

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
im using goodyear exellence 225/40/18 and they are superb! only cost £72.50 per tyre from Easyfit and after using eagle F1s, kuhmos and contis Id have to say they some second to F1s with superb grip in the wet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members