ko3 tuning

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
ive decided that im not going to go for a ko3s, but was wondering how is the best way to tune the ko3 turbo, im going for a dp and cat back system, but what other options are there? id really appriciate any help with this,, thanks a lot, daz

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
will have,i know a good mapper,the reason for me noe getting the ko3s is i cant afford the intercooler,but is it still worth changing the intake pipe?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I wouldnt even bother runnin a ko3s without a FMIC.

I stil think a decent ko3 with fmic will be just as quick as a ko3s without a fmic.

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
but its gonna cost a grand just for an intercooler, i cant see its worth it, espeacially when you take in to consideration what they cost to make,not a lot,

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
mulletman said:
i cant see its worth it

but you should,,, ICs are very important especially for petrols,,, tuning a car is not just getting power outta it, making it realiable on the long run is important too. Engines like best lower intake temps rather than just for power even cause more heat = more mechanical stress,,,
And I really can't see it costing a grand if you buy a used one [whatever car it is off should be ok] and the mejor expense becomes bolting it in front of the car and making the pipes,,,

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
it was a west tuning re map, he does the maps for all vag bmw noble ferrari etc, trust me he has to have the best equipment, rollers etc, i see your a man of no faith,, lol, to be fair he said it was among the best figures he had from an ibiza, the car now belongs to russ 20vt

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
ok guys well done, but lets be fair i can only say what ive been told, and i had a graph to prove it in front of me, failing that i could listen to two guys who know sod all about sod all, at the end of the day i could be wrong,, but then i could be right im not gonna spend a fortune going from rollers to rollers just to find out,

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
actually i take that back, im goin to use the same guy to do my map and blueflame dp and cat back so i will use two rolling roads as an experiment, i hope im right but we shall see, so who do you recommend for rolling road use then as you obviously know all?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
c'mon take it easy mate, I was just sayin that with a remap and a cat back only it would be difficult to see 220hp,,, plus it's known that if you roll the car on the tuner RR it will most probably give very optimistic figures,,, I mean it's part of the game don't ya think?

sorry but I don't know any RR in the UK,,,

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
lol a bit of sarcasm never hurt anyone but facts speak more than rollers do..and the fact is rollers arent accurate...even the best operaters wont get u a 100% accurate figure even if they tell u it is :whistle:

k03 just wont make much over 220bhp if anything, not without some NOS

using the same rollers is the right idea...but take the result with a pinch of salt what ever u get

if u got under 200 the next time ud go would u think there was something wrong with the car? or the rollers? let u think about that

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
as for topic mind

everyone ends up on the same path...

turbo back exhaust, dv, filter and remap
add a tip and i/c to the equation and theres not much else thats gonna get the power up...but take away some weight and add some bigger brakes will make ur car quicker

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.