KO3 sport - upgade the unit?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I read about that E05 the other day, think it blew up shortly after fitting!

Thats the prob Olly, there are so many bloody turbo's i just dontn know which ones fit which! Flaming cars argh!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
They will be ~£2K+vat same as JBS, but I am waiting confirmation from James on dealer pricing at the mo.

Spec's of components required will vary between cars I think to some extent to allow the kit to work properly. FMIC/3" DP/CAI for example... some cars have some of this already.

regards
bill

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
My car will be pretty much ready for the conversion, i.e will have all neccesary parts, dp,cat, fmic etc... which you can see on my sig.

I'll give you a buzz soon about it all when i call you for some bits and pieces, oil, evoshied and some other bits and pieces.

thanks.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Im interested in the evoshield also.

I've been thinking about a K03s also, but looking to get a samco TIP in the mean time. But i know that fitting this requieres some trimming for fitting to the k03.
What im worried about is paying for a Samco TIP now, and then in a few months time having to fork out for it again, when i get a K03s.

Can anyone help?
Phil you seem to know your stuff mate!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
To be honest i cant see cutting the tip shorter on the turbo side would make a difference if its fitted to the ko3 or ko3s, the only reason fro cuttin it shorter is to stop the tip fouling the water lines. I dont think or hope by cutting the tip shorter would reduce the ID size of the turbo end. It looks to me as if it was a straigh bore and not tapered before bein cut.

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
i do like the 04 idea but im not convinsed yet till its been tryed and tested hard with no faults, so for now im going for the k03s, so as the thread says.... what can i do to mod it first? if there is anything? if not i'll just stick it on then see how the 04 turns out.

Bill with my mods and a samco tip 4bar fpr and ko3s would a CC be good?
Thats what im looking at for end of jan.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Olly20VT said:
Bill with my mods and a samco tip 4bar fpr and ko3s would a CC be good?
Thats what im looking at for end of jan.

Yea it will be good, and something that can be setup to suit. If you wanted to go JBS04 at a later date you have the upgrade CC option re discount also.

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
so to re-set the CC to fit jbs04 (after its be set for my ko3s) how much would we be looking at? and how much is it in the first place?
I should be getting a standard ECU and selling my revoed one first.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Cheers Phil, i meant that it needs to be trimmed to avoid the water lines, i didnt know if trimming the TIP would affect the fitment of the K03s.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Olly20VT said:
so to re-set the CC to fit jbs04 (after its be set for my ko3s) how much would we be looking at? and how much is it in the first place?
I should be getting a standard ECU and selling my revoed one first.

nicked off CC site
"Custom Code believes in rewarding customer loyalty, so we offer a unique upgrade program:

If you have bought a Phase One Remap, you can upgrade to Phase Two (on the same vehicle) at any time and recieve a 40% discount.

Likewise, any customer who has purchased a Phase Two Remap can upgrade to Phase Three (on the same vehicle) and receive a 33% discount. "

You would start @ Stage two Olly

again nicked off CC site
"Phase Two – Custom Remap
PRICES:
Normally Aspirated Petrol and Diesel:
1.0 to 1.6 £400 plus VAT
1.8 to 2.9 £500 plus VAT
3.2 £550 plus VAT

Turbocharged Petrol and Diesel:
1.4 TDI £450 plus VAT
1.8 to 2.5 £550 plus VAT <<<----- this one Olly
Above 2.5 £650 plus VAT

Phase Two offers drivers seeking the best from their existing modifications a chance to tailor their driving experience with our totally customised remap service.

Owners of vehicles with Cold Air Intakes, Sports Exhaust Systems, Sports Cats, Nitrous Oxide, Water Injection, Aftermarket Cams or Hybrid Turbos should use this service.

You as a customer can help determine various factors such as Power Delivery, RPM Limits and General Driver Requests.

Mapping can take between 1 and 1.5 days due to the totally customised nature of the map, however if we have already tuned an ECU of the same type with the same engine modifications, expect mapping to be completed in half the time"

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.