K&N's New Filter

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Has anyone tried out the new K&N induction kit of the LCR.
Its their apollo 57A-6015.
I've just ordered one should arrive anytime soon.

They state that it will give you an extra 20bhp!

Any thoughts or reports??

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
20BHP from an increased air flow?! Miracle mod! :D

I'd be highly suspicious of any bolt-on mod that needs nothing else to operate, that promises such a jump in power!

Heard nothing but good press for it so far, though. Admitedly I've only heard non-SEAT users views on it.. but the turbo ford kids seems happy enough.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
20BHP from an increased air flow?! Miracle mod! :D

I'd be highly suspicious of any bolt-on mod that needs nothing else to operate, that promises such a jump in power!

Heard nothing but good press for it so far, though. Admitedly I've only heard non-SEAT users views on it.. but the turbo ford kids seems happy enough.

well I saw an advert for it in performance VW and thought i would try it out.
cant possibly do any harm... :blink: :whistle:

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I wouldnt have said it would give that much. We supply K&N and they are great kits. Its good that there is another option there though for the LCR as they arent a huge amount available. Normally the BMC or the Neuspeed we do.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
well I saw an advert for it in performance VW and thought i would try it out.
cant possibly do any harm... :blink: :whistle:

Sorry fella, not knocking your choice. Far from it :)

Just saying, 20BHP is a big increase in power, and to have that solely from an induction kit would be superb. Time will tell, I suppose?

I'm wondering if K+N have three paragraphs of small print accompanying that claim?

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Sorry fella, not knocking your choice. Far from it :)

Just saying, 20BHP is a big increase in power, and to have that solely from an induction kit would be superb. Time will tell, I suppose?

I'm wondering if K+N have three paragraphs of small print accompanying that claim?

oh yeah dont get me wrong i was truely suprised by the stament.
But the one for the TT states something like 18 or 19bhp. And LC states 17bhp
So as soon as i've fitted it i will let everyone know one way or another. cos you should be able to notice 20bhp difference

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
it can be done , i was reading one of m0rks posts and he said he got something like 13bhp out of one of his cars just by relocating the air feed

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Relocating the air feed and changing the air filter are two different things though.

To get 20bhp from just a filter change would mean Seat (VAG) screwed up big time in the design of the standard filter.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
Has anyone tried out the new K&N induction kit of the LCR.
Its their apollo 57A-6015.
I've just ordered one should arrive anytime soon.

They state that it will give you an extra 20bhp!

Any thoughts or reports??

you could've had a ramair/raid filter that was on ebay............. it went for £46

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Dit i say them cars where standerd setup? Maybe in they where tuned you would get 20bhp cause the standard intake system could not handle the extra power. Either way its a big claim. I think SCN shlould all chip to gether to but a Rolling Road so we can run all these tests and have shed loads of fun :D ).

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
57A-6015.jpg

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy

No offence, but that filter looks abit cheap! it like filter you get from halfords for 10 and they stuck a K&n sticker on it!, the pipe that comes with it, is it the foil type? They intend to rip and get sucked into the intake! :wtf:

I want see a dyno test of the result to belive get 20bhp!

Ive got KN typhoon and that does not add 20bhp, it does imrpove the trottle respone and makes a dv sound , thats about it!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise