K&N Vs Pipercross

turbin

I agree with what you are saying, like for like a foam versus pleated cotton or paper filter will have lower overall flow but only when all three are brand new. A foam filter is FAR superior than any other at maintaining its flow rate when dirty.

I suggest you back up your facts re the cone filter vs a panel filter, because you are mistaken. Greater surface area does not equal greater flow. An aftermarket panel filter with an enlarged airbox inlet aperture will flow far more air than any cone on the market for the Leon. That sir, is a fact.

I run a Powertec open cone induction kit on my car, not because it offers the best flow but for the induction/dump noise and underbonnet appearance. Its the loudest kit available and offers better airflow than the standard paper filter.

Just search some. s-e-a-r-c-h and you shall find the truth. He who searches shall find and so on...

My repeat record is broken and I wont say again.

:)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Vibration is a big maf sensor killer so make sure whatever you get you fit it securely.
Id Use common sense on the oiling and check any filter you buy. If its wringing avoid.
Alot of peeps on here go for jetex cones... not sure if there oiled?

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Just search some. s-e-a-r-c-h and you shall find the truth. He who searches shall find and so on...

My repeat record is broken and I wont say again.

:)

:lol:

I've been running these cars since they were fist introduced to the UK market and I've had every type of induction kit and panel filter on them, but its obvious that you know better than I do. If you have experience of anything other than K&N on a Leon, please share your thoughts with us, that's what a discussion forum is all about. If you don't have experience of anything other than K&N on this engine, perhaps you are not best placed to be offering advice to somebody asking about alternatives????????? After all, the offering of said advice requires as a basic principle that you actually have a clue about the subject you're advising on.

It speaks volumes that you won't back up your statements of "fact" with credible evidence.

Now, where's that ignore button.................................................. :whistle: