K&N Induction Kit

Amr

Sep 11, 2002
Egypt
Visit site
I decided to go for K&N induction kit, I dot care much about the horse power issues. It shall give the care a better breath and sound.

Only one question. regarding the water issues (when washing, doing into a pudle of water and mud, etc). Any serious effects?

Expereinces plzz

andycupra

status subject to change
yes they are oiled.

and so are most of the other filters that are deemed ok on here.

The k&n is often oiled a bit more, so if you are concerned just blot up the extra oil.

its over oiling that can cause prob. but also bear in mind its the oil that makes them work!

Amr

Sep 11, 2002
Egypt
Visit site
It is already oiled yes. The cleaning issue should be using the oil attached to the kit and let it dry without using any kinds of dryers or direct pressuerized air.

I am afraid also from the adaptation of the air mass sensor! actually a fear.

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
i went through 2 mafs on my swift gti a few yrs ago now because on the k+n induction kit

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
but then the amount of S3's with the neuspeed cone filter on i know of that havnt had problems with their MAF also prooves it is just pot luck i guess i think it is more the vibration that damages the MAF more than the oil.

The K&N is basically the same the reason i chose to go BMC CDA over it was because i felt the K&N didnt have enough cold air getting to it

Amr

Sep 11, 2002
Egypt
Visit site
Vibrations?

oops...

i have a lot of bumps, cracks, holes and every single thing that can shake the car quick strongly.

First time to hear that. I am really astonished? how is that theoritically right?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members