induction kit vs green cotton filter + pd160 (advice needed for two cars)

alfie_2006

Hey guys,

Just looking a bit of advice on what would be the best set up for my Mk4 1.4 ibiza sport (100) and my brothers MK4 1.8 ibiza fr 20vt.

Been looking at green panel filters, pipercross induction kits, k&n filters, pd160 intakes and bmc cda kits but just don't know which is best for what car. :headhurt:

I'm not expecting much gain in power for my 1.4 but some would be nice, really just looking somethin to compliment my new exhaust. am i right in think that the green cotton filter would be best suited for this?

The 1.8 however we are looking more power and improve the overall sound plus the sound of the dumpvalve. Would the bmc kit be best suited for this or would the green cotton and pd160 (most popular setup on here) provide the same sort of power?

I would appreciate any help and advice!

alfie_2006

cheers for the reply people, bit pricing for the bmc but hopefully its worth it. why a panel filter for the turbo?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
cheers for the reply people, bit pricing for the bmc but hopefully its worth it. why a panel filter for the turbo?

To prevent heat soak. Open cone induction kit will suck in all the hot air from the engine bay. The engine firing on hot air = not good. Cold air is what it craves so panel filter ftw.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.