• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

ik22 Sparkplugs ?

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
sorry to be thick :)

if i order Denso IK22 spark plugs, are they the correct size for my ibiza ??

do they do IK22 in different sizes for different cars ????

i dont want to order them and find there the wrong size :p

although there dont seem to be any methion of different sizes of them from where i am ordering them

cheers
Mike

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
ok cool :) got quite a harsh remap to 190 BHP so the IK22s ok then ?? suffer from heat soak like mad :( need a front mount and bigger exaust system

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
not sure tbh, I'd probably get some cheaper NKG's if I were you. I only got ik22's after going k03s because I was getting a bit of hesitation.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
NGK BKR7E's for about 2 quid each are sweet. Or pay more for platimums, NGK PFR6Q's.

I ran IK22's before and liked them a lot, but they didnt seem to last that long and were pretty expensive.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
I ditched my IK22's ater only doing about 4000 miles on them. Got NGK's now. If you want the Denso's go for the IK20, that's the correct grade to use. My IK22's were very dark in colour when I checked them which means they were too cold a plug.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
I am indeed matey, full K03S set up.
To be honest the car ran ok on IK22's, just had the odd starting issue (wouldn't always fire up 1st time). It was just the colour of the plugs on checking them that made me decide to change them. They're not meant to be dark in colour and I just wanted to avoid any potential problems from leaving them in any longer. For the sake of £35 to relace them all, I thought it best to do it. My starting issue seems to have disappeared too, which is nice.

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
Just check them first. They're meant to be a tan sort of colour. It may not solve your problem's mentioned above but it's good to get things running as they should be.

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
IK20 for my car ???

im running near 200Bhp IK20 from what i read is near standard and acording to the info below for every 50 BHP over stock get a plug 1 heat range colder. so IK22 i guess is the correct option for my car ??? Denso Iridium IK22 (one heat range colder)

--Common replacements
Autolite 3923
Autolite 3922 (one heat range colder)
Denso Iridium IK20
Denso Iridium IK22 (one heat range colder)
Bosch F7LTCR
NGK BKR7E (Race plug, one range colder)
*avoid BKR7E-11 as the factory gap is too large, .042*

For every additional 50HP over stock, a general rule is:
--1 heat range colder
--gap shrinks by .004
So, a chipped 1.8T would make good use ofa plug one range colder gapped to .028

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
My cars running about 240bhp and the IK22's were not the correct grade.

By all means go for them if you want. I suppose you'll only be wasting £35.

You'll find quite a few people on here running similar power (if not more) and are still using the standard grade plugs. Why? Because they're the correct grade.

I too thought the IK22's would be the right option based on that same info you've given above. I tried them and they were wrong.

Your choice really mate but the advice is there to use.

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
ok fair anouth, if its been tested and found to be wrong then thats fine :) ill stick an order in for IK20s then :)

cheers
Mike

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.