HVO fuel

Mar 25, 2024
Hey guys is anyone using HVO fuel in their pd150 by any chance? Got a load of it at work and everyone seems to be putting it in their tanks with no problems. Haven't managed to find much out on the internet or Facebook regarding it so was just wondering if anyone's doing it? Same viscosity as regular diesel by the looks of it but not sure if there is any other problems I should be worried about. I know all newer cars in the VAG group have been given the all clear to use it but no info for older cars unfortunately. Thanks

Aug 8, 2024
Hey guys is anyone using HVO fuel in their pd150 by any chance? Got a load of it at work and everyone seems to be putting it in their tanks with no problems. Haven't managed to find much out on the internet or Facebook regarding it so was just wondering if anyone's doing it? Same viscosity as regular diesel by the looks of it but not sure if there is any other problems I should be worried about. I know all newer cars in the VAG group have been given the all clear to use it but no info for older cars unfortunately. Thanks
my pd90 chewed up its own very old engine oil and run like a daemon on roids in the middle of a turbo fault if that helps ya lol

Mar 25, 2024
my pd90 chewed up its own very old engine oil and run like a daemon on roids in the middle of a turbo fault if that helps ya lol
Lol yeah a diesel would run on piss if you were that way inclined but I get the feeling it wouldn't be good for the engine lol. Do you mean your car done a runaway?

Mar 25, 2024
Decided to chuck some HVO in today after seeing all the other boys sucking the bowser dry, boy was putting it in his 2.0 PD Mk5 and said it runs excellent on it. Seems my car is a bit boostier, maybe a little smokier aswell but all in all seems good