how do i know if my dv is split?

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
ive got an 07 plate cupra and a couple of months ago had the car mapped and the car now feels like its slightly lost power, i dont know if its just me getting used to the power, ive read quite a few threads about the cupra's needing a revision d or forge dv after a map but i just wanted to know if there is ant easy way of telling if my standard dv is split, the car sounds exactly the same, it might just be me ready for a new mod

cupra-k1

its easy to unbolt and check mate, you will know if its split definately!

Best thing is check and if your used to the power get someone with vag com / vcds to reset your adaption and car should run good as new

Poverty

if i had a split dv would the car sound any different?

dont think so, just wouldnt boost as hard and there would be a very noticeable drop in performance.

If you car sounds differently and the power loss isnt really obvious you might have a blowing exhaust.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
My FR went after being mapped and the best way to describe it was I constantly seemed to have my pedal on the floor wanting power. Anyway after replacing the valve you realise how well it goes again.
Other than the above I had no other symptoms.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Oh he's doing fine still breathing heavy but thats the name of the game. You need to get one they sound great. even the missus ain't complained.
But then again tough sh*t if she does haha

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
You noticed any more power and torque!?

Well it seems to pull harder but the only thing I would say is it seems more power higher up the revs. it is good at the bottom but around 3000 to 4500 I don't know if it pulls better or bogs down slightly?
There is also the chance that I have got used to it now.
Don't know if it makes any sense and I may be talking sh*t but you did ask. I still love it though and it still wips the ar*e off the lad up the road with his focus st:lol:

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
Yours is mapped tho isn't it? I'm hoping for around 230 bhp with the itg I can stick with st's and vxrs all day long at the min like

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yours is mapped tho isn't it? I'm hoping for around 230 bhp with the itg I can stick with st's and vxrs all day long at the min like

Yeah mine is mapped.
I think the best way to describe it is I need to adapt my driving style slightly:D
After trying it again today it def pulls harder all the way through, I am not a rev the balls off driver ie normal driving no higher than 4000 rpm but since fitting MR ITG I find myself at 6000 rpm and because it pulls so hard up there I was unsure about 3000 to 4500 if that makes sense.
So I suppose I should drive it hard all the time to get the benefit eh?
So back to my original quote I wip the pants of the ST without revving the balls off my motor so it must be good.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
What do u reckon yours l be doin now kev around 280?

Don't know really is supposed to be mapped to around 245 to 250 plus itg so maybe 265 270? it maybe more I don't know.
My power issue was resolved this morning as I had forgot my last fill up was at asda and NOT vpower. I was no where near a shell and needed fuel but back on vpower and pulls hard all the way from start to finish.
You need to buy one its alot of cash but you won't be disapointed

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.