high lift cams for my sx where can i get

envycordoba

Jan 25, 2008
bournemouth
hi guys been searching on the net and cant find any decent cams. i have done all the body work and now want to release full protential out of my 2.0 l 16 with cams head work etc re map does anyone have any ideas.

ibiza-carl

personally mate i wouldn't bother with cams. maybe a turbo or something would make you happier or a vr6 conversion??? just my thoughts though.lol. had my cordoba a week or two and it had a kent cam in it. it was only a 1.6 like but it ran like crap mate!!!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
just sold my schrick cams.... the ABF lump will be fine on cams mine made 190bhp along with head work and remap on standard ecu but now she's having bigger cams and throttle bodies!

I recommend Schrick 268 cams but thats all I had and know but I know it works! You could always go for Kent (thats what I've got now), newman (copy of schrick and cheaper) but get a manifold and decat 1st and then go from there if you want more power.

Personally I think the VR6 is too heavy upfront and will effort the handling but I'm taking that veiw from the Ibiza side :)

envycordoba

Jan 25, 2008
bournemouth
yeah dave totally agree with vr6 lump too heavy. where did you get your cams from?? ive already got manifold and de cat. was toying wit getting my old ibiza back and re building the engine and putting it in the cordy. so then it will be a supercharged cordy already got the brembo's and all the strut braces front and rear. would be a beast

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
had stealth racing supply and fit all the parts! I know badger 5 supplies Schrick cams, cat cams are pretty good.

I would have liked to have Cat cams but the bloke doing my engine (Saxon Motorsport) prefers Kent and I rather him be happy with the build.... end of the day he's going to know more than me about it all! Otherwise I wouldn't have gone to him lol

paultownsend

Jun 3, 2009
has anyone seen gains from fitting a 4 branch? iv heard mixed reports that the std dp/mani flow very well

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Yep I did, form a cat back system with sports cat I had 158bhp then fitted a 4-1 manifold and decat and pull 170bhp. Tbh after looking at the standard manifold it's nothing special and I can't see it flowing "very well" compared to a 4-1/4-2-1 manifold.