• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 23/24 Help! Dog Seat Cover Suggestions V2

Oct 23, 2024
Hello All!

Hopefully someone can help. Ordered my pre-face lift V2 today and collect 2 November if not sooner.

I have a 29KG Labrador Retriever who I didn't mind jumping onto the seats of my old car with a basic seat protector.

He sheds. Not a little bit. A lot. Gets brushed 3 to 4 times a week and it's almost as if another puppy could be made with the amount of hair. I learned to live with it with a hoover now and then.

With my new purchase I was thinking a hammock style dog seat cover to minmise hair but it seems that they are not compatible with the front V2 seats. They would work with the V1 seats due to the straps looping round the front headrests fitting the V1.

Has anyone got any good recommendations please that would solve my issue? I really want to protect my car being the first owner! 🙌

lajchi

Feb 9, 2024
I have a similar problem, with a smaller dog (15kg Shiba Inu) - but he sleeps most of the time when in the car. Since the dog only needed 2 seats, i opted for these - click for the link.
You can buy 3 of them, and connect them together. This will not save the back of the front seats if the dog decides to jump around.

I had a hammock stye cover from my previous car, and it does work in the Formentor, but it is not perfect - you need to run the straps through the holes at the front seats:

cuprahammockdog.jpg

It will be a little bit off set, but like said, it does work. I am not sure how the long term use of the the seat cover / straps will affect on the seats and the plastic that are around the holes on the seats.

Oct 23, 2024
Thanks so much @lajchi z the hammock straps will work as you have kindly demonstrated (why did I not think of that!). You are right in terms of a long term unknown imapact on the material - I suspect the leather around the seat may deform due to my Labradors weight and coupled with the visual impact it's not ideal.

The link with the three connecting makes sense to me as the back seats will be used by the doggo only. The research will continue.

lajchi

Feb 9, 2024
Welcome. I have taken some pictures so you can see how 2 of these look like when connected.

Attachments

• dog1.jpg
    dog1.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 24
  • dog2.jpg
    dog2.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 26
  • dog3.jpg
    dog3.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: mannys
Oct 23, 2024
Really useful to see the product in action and I think that will work. I see you have rubber mats too which is something I should get to prevent any stray hairs from embedding into the carpet! Thank you so much.