Heater Control Panel Has A Mind Of Its Own

BigBadDamo

BigBadDamo
Aug 14, 2007
Glasgow
If i switch my heater control panel on2 the 1st bar, it decides by itself to put the fan fully on or nudge it up a bar at a time, i have to put it back to the 1 bar at least 5 or 6 times before it settles and stops moving about itself :blink:

any suggestions ?
or take it back 2 dealer ?
thanks !

Jun 28, 2001
if tis not on auto then iwould take it to a dealer to get it diagnosed correctly but would think that it would be the control unit

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Even on manual mine will move about a few bars on it's own. I think it's normal a few people have mentioned this before. It seems to do this until the car reaches the temp you set it at and then settles down.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Yeah, i think it still is sorter auto..

I have to change the fan speed and the vents it uses before it stops changing it for me.. as i know its still semi-auto if you select the fan speed, it still blows air into the vents it detects needs the air... until you change that too!

To be honet, most of the time i let it do want it wants, on Auto always....

Cupraloon

This seems to be pretty normal, mine has a mind of it's own most of the time, on either auto or manual.

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
On mine if you change the temp, the fan speed will adjust- this can increase a few notches. However if you manually move the fan speed in the opposite direction whilst it is trying to increase in speed it seems to override the automatic increase- just an annoyance really.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise