Head Unit Dilemma!

LeonCupraMK

I have just bought a Leon and am undecided what to do with the ICE situation in the car.

i have an Alpine 9880 head unit ready to come out of my Octavia and straight into my leon with the help of a fascia adapter. This unit has an ipod lead which i have found excellent during its time in my octy. However due to the different shape of the h/u in the leon i am worried that changing the h/u will ruin the look of the leon dashboard (this wasn't a problem in the octy).

i also have a 6 disc changer in the glovebox, and i dont know whether i can take this out or not? ( i havent actually picked the car up yet, getting it saturday). if i change the h/u i know this will become obsolete and take up a lot of space doing nothing.

is there such a adapter that will allow me to use the changer and my ipod? or shall i just change the h/u and stop worrying about the obsolete changer?

any help/opinions would be appreciated, and anyone who has had the same dilemma please let me know what you decided!

cheers guys.

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
i have an alpine ida-x001 in my leon,no cd's and changer just sits there so i have no problems with room etc
if you just use your ipod then i wouldnt worry

matt

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
13082008138.jpg

Alpine actually sits flush with the dash so it doesn't look out of place - at least i don't think so.

LeonCupraMK

cheers for the help guys i think i'll stick to my trusty alpine then...

but is it possible to remove the cd changer from the glovebox??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise