-- Hankook V12 Evo or Uniroyal Rainsport 2's --

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Anyone used any of these tyres on their Mk2 Leon???

I can get a good price on them so was wondering if any of you have used them? I put Rainsport 1's on a car years ago and they were outstanding in the wet and dry. Only problem was wear but I don't do alot of miles now... about 7k a year.

Want to know if anyone had any issues or really liked if they've had them?

Hankook - http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=954

Uniroyal - http://www.conti-online.com/generat.../02_products/01_rainsport2/rainsport2_en.html

i have to agree on rainsport 1's,prefered them to F1's tbh,with better wear rate and the only trade off was dry weather grip(minimal) but MUCH better where you need it in the wet.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hankook V12 EVO are superb tyres... I have done track work and tried numerous tyres... including everything mentioned in the thread...

- they are better than the Falken FK452's which I found appauling in the wet
- they are nearly as good as the Goodyear Eagle F1's - I say nearly as the F1's have slightly better wet grip ... certainly not twice as good though for the price...

I fitted V12 EVO's to my Cupra... even with 210bhp + through the front wheels and plenty of 'sprited' driving from me the fronts have done in excess of 12k miles which I think is pretty good going... I'm actually booked in for new tyres again tommorrow ...

I'll be using the V12's again...

Anyone who says Hankook tyres are shite havent tried the V12's ... trust me ;)

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Go for the Hankook V12s, I have them on my CUPRA, they came on it when I bought it a few weeks ago. I find them really good at keeping traction in the dry and they have good wet weather grip also. Can't comment on the wearing rate as only had the car for 3 weeks lol.

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
A mate of mine has an Audi TT and when he went to get his tyres replaced at Audi, they said they were now using HANKOOK tyres as a slightly cheaper alternative so they can't be that bad. I have other hankook tyres on my celica and they were pretty good and my brother now has them on his astra (mostly because the garage we used gets good deals on them). But a mate of mine has the rainsports on his MGZS180 V6, and he swears they are the best tyre he has used on it.

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
i have hancooks on my cupra and i think you certainly get a better quality than budget tyres but at the end of the day it all depends what you are driving like,all tyres have flaws even the most expensive ones.i think you will be quite satisfied with hancook.and if anyone has cared to notice nearly all new trucks are running hancook tyres and they have to suffer much more punishment than cars,like 40 tonnes more

little dated on this thread i know but just wanted to big up the uniroyal rainsport 2's, i have them on my 275B LCR and cant fault them, dry grip is great and wet is phenomenal, not bad wear either iv done about 15k and am just looking for a new set now.

in saying that iv heard good things on here about the gsd3's, but not having tried them i cant compare really, for a full set they are roughly 50 quid more expensive which is no big deal but having read lots of online reviews im gonna stick with the rainsports.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.