Greetings from DownUnder

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Hiya,
Just took delivery of my new 2024 Leon V Tribe Edition. Loving the car, as it's my 1st new car ever !
Magnetic Tech colour looks great with the Copper highlights. Would have loved the VZ's extra power, but budget didn't stretch that far, especially when you add the heated seats !
Tribe edition (in Aus) has the Petrol Blue Leather, Beats audio, side skirts, rear spoiler lip and copper wheel highlights for virtually nix.

Only thing I'm not liking is the lack of the VZ sized stoppers ! But that can be fixed.

:cool:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hiya,
Just took delivery of my new 2024 Leon V Tribe Edition. Loving the car, as it's my 1st new car ever !
Magnetic Tech colour looks great with the Copper highlights. Would have loved the VZ's extra power, but budget didn't stretch that far, especially when you add the heated seats !
Tribe edition (in Aus) has the Petrol Blue Leather, Beats audio, side skirts, rear spoiler lip and copper wheel highlights for virtually nix.

Only thing I'm not liking is the lack of the VZ sized stoppers ! But that can be fixed.

:cool:
Welcome to SCN, sounds like your new car is ace, a couple of pics would be nice.

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Thanks guys !

Given that it's winter here, by the time I get home it's dark, so some pics of the actual car will be coming soon. However, mine is the same as the pic below except w/out the s/roof.

The ONLY thing I don't like about the car is the brakes - they are 306x26mm Fr & 272x10mm Rr vs the package that is on the VZ (180kw) & VZx (221kW) which are 340x30 Fr & 310x22 Rr and slightly different calipers. That's something that I'll work out how to chnage - the rotors are easy to get, but the calipers will be a bit harder.
I'd rather go this route instead of the normal BBK options, as it retains 'std' parts for insurance, and looks fine.

If anyone has the suitable calipers for sale, ping me a line !!!

Leon Tribe 1.PNG

Reactions: Syphon

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Thanks guys !

Given that it's winter here, by the time I get home it's dark, so some pics of the actual car will be coming soon. However, mine is the same as the pic below except w/out the s/roof.

The ONLY thing I don't like about the car is the brakes - they are 306x26mm Fr & 272x10mm Rr vs the package that is on the VZ (180kw) & VZx (221kW) which are 340x30 Fr & 310x22 Rr and slightly different calipers. That's something that I'll work out how to chnage - the rotors are easy to get, but the calipers will be a bit harder.
I'd rather go this route instead of the normal BBK options, as it retains 'std' parts for insurance, and looks fine.

If anyone has the suitable calipers for sale, ping me a line !!!

View attachment 43179
Only thing I don't like is the Matt finish, too much like hard work to look after, and for me a car should be shiny.

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
@Seastormer - the Matt Magnetic Tech finish is only available on the VZx, and at another $25k extra, waaaay outta my budget. It does look good though imho, but menat to be a PiTA to look after.

Mine is the normal glossy Mag Tech

Reactions: Richiepoos

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Just had confirmation from a local tuning house (regarding a chip tune) that as my car has the 06Q.A 888evo4 engine (he checked as he thought the 140kW versions were all evo3) and he came back with
"The car has the latest Bosch MG1 ECU which is not tuneable".
Bugger :no:

A quick Google show APR are in Aus, but they are in Melbourne, about 800km away .... :cautious:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise