Goodyear eagles

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
Budget you'll get a set of 4 for less than £200.00, there are some bargain to be had on the part worn front if youknow of a good dealer, but alway check the tyres before they fit them some have been known to bodge repairs to sidewalls etc.

sjtscott

Now with added Revo! :-)
Apr 15, 2003
London UK
Visit site
4x brand new GSD3 from Elite fitted yesterday for my Cupra 17s. 82 inc VAT per tyre fitted/balanced. Which I think is a great deal for a proper tyre dealer.
Personally not bothered about short life I've done no more than 5k miles per year since I've had my car living in London.
Having added better pads all round too its now time to hit some trackdays!! ;)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
My Mrs' has recently (couple of weeks back) had a full set of Eagle F1's fitted to her Puma and it has transformed the car! Will be going for the same when the current tyres are dead.

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
i,m having goodyear eagles f1's fitted next friday to my cupra tdi.

225 x 40 x 18 £360 all in.

had goodyears before on the focus rs, & love them to bits.

msnow

Get a set!

Ive mentioned this before in one of these thingys that the eagle f1 (gsd3) is the best tyre my last set lasted me about 20k and im now putting my 2nd set on. really winds me up when people say that they only lasted so many miles... it all depends on how you drive, what type or roads you drive on etc etc! use some common sense! think about it...
used to have pilot sports on and never rated them...
these tyres have won loads of performance awards in magazines and were fitted as standard to the mclaren f1!!
i wouldnt put anything else on my car (or other future cars!).

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
Just had 4x F1 GSD3s fitted yesterday to the TDI Cupra (225/45/17) - done locally at a negotiated price of 84 squid each fully fitted.

Front set were replaced (GSD3s) 13 months ago and they did about 13K I recon. They replaced the original Pilot Sports, and although I'm no racing driver, the diffence in grip and confident cornering is huge. And since I've had GSD3s, the rear pilots have stepped out a few times, being outgripped by the fronts. So this time I changed all 4, even though rears prob had about 3-4mm still on them.

Super impressed.

I ride a sports bike too, and I know how stupid agressive stops/starts can kill a rear tyre in 1500 miles !!! Smooth it out and the same tyre will last 4000. So those who eat their car tyres in 5000 miles are obviously traffic light race fans with an on/off switch as a throttle.

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Had Eagle F1's fitted all round a couple of months ago and they are the gripiest i've had since new. The original Bridgestone Potenza'a were excelent wearing, changed them for new wheels and tyres after 25k miles and the buyer put them straight on his Leon! The next were Dunlop Sportiva's which were ok but only lasted 20k. Will have to see how long the GSD3's last!

Its a good idea to swap the wheels round on the car when the front grip gets low as the rears hardly wear atall compared to the front! I have always done this and you'll get the most out of your tyres! Maybe you've had a bad experience with the Eagle's because they are so grippy you cant help putting your foot down, I know I can't! ;)

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
Hi all.I'm just curious to see what peoples opinions are of the goodyear eagle gs d3's is.I've had the 2 fronts replaced in the last 6 months and have only done aprox 5k tops.Already they're close to the wear mark and i'm far from impressed.True they're good all round tyres,but surely you can't expect to keep paying out £200 every 5k????

Im looking to buy cheap now as I need all 4 replaced,has anyone got any ideas for a good all round tyre?

Thanks

Wow, that's surprising as I have done 16,000 on mine and there is still quite a bit of life left in 'em. I swapped them round about 2,000 miles ago as all 4 were new at the same time. I don't drive slow but a lot of the time I am stuck in jams :(

Definitely my favourite tyre the Eagle F1 GS-D3's.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Have read all of this...and no mention of Avon's...is there a reason for this?

Seem tobe able to get a good price on these from my local tyre-dude, but have never used them, so don't know what they're like.

I've gotta do all 4 on my LC, and was looking for guidance, unless someone comes up with a good argument for these Avon's I mentioned it looks like i'll be parting with wedge for the GSD3's...

PS - What speed rating should I be getting? Is W enough, or do I need Y's or Z's?

Last edited:

lorne

Ive mentioned this before in one of these thingys that the eagle f1 (gsd3) is the best tyre my last set lasted me about 20k and im now putting my 2nd set on. really winds me up when people say that they only lasted so many miles... it all depends on how you drive, what type or roads you drive on etc etc! use some common sense! think about it...
used to have pilot sports on and never rated them...
these tyres have won loads of performance awards in magazines and were fitted as standard to the mclaren f1!!
i wouldnt put anything else on my car (or other future cars!).

It's not hard to see why tyres may wear quicker if you drive like your possessed, but I dont., it's just normal wear. This isn't supposed to offend people, it's just a tyre....
If it is down to the road surfaces, i'd appreciate a suggestion for an alternative tyre???

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
Rosso s

Mine also wore unevenly, down the middle to be exact, even though they we're only on 31psi.

The edges were fine but the middle was down to the block!!

Not sure what happened there?? any ideas anyone?

Mines exactly the same, middle section well worn on both sides, running at 31 psi and not given any abuse, 6.5k from new.
I m going to move them front to back and keep a close eye on them cos if I ever really ragged them I d be lucky to get half that distance at the current rate of wear.
I ve had front wheel drive GTI s N/A in the past and really booted them and never had any issues. Since owning the LCR I m always using the mid range torque 3rd and 4 th gear and holding the boost. It s something more than a heavy right foot cos I have nt got one.
Other than that the standard Rosso s must be like the paint work, soft as!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
The paint is actually hard as, not soft as!

Standard Rosso's are rubbish, they wear quickly yet still don't offer decent grip. It wouldn't be so bad if they at least offered something worth while!

SteveH

I have had f1's on a number of cars and love them.

Put a set on my Leon Cupra tdi a few months back have cover about 8k on them, car was in for a service last week and was told that the tyres have 6mm left all round. Really happy with them.

I paid £296 for 4 supply only.

I am doing about 95% motorway drive though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise