Garmin and aftermarket headunit

er6nphil

Jan 26, 2018
Has anyone managed to have an aftermarket headunit and the garmin working? I only want it working for the gauges.

Darbleberry

Darbleberry
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton, UK
I was looking into the same thing the other day and found the below video.
its not in English but seems fairly straight forward to follow...

Hope it helps!

er6nphil

Jan 26, 2018
I was looking into the same thing the other day and found the below video.
its not in English but seems fairly straight forward to follow...

Hope it helps!
Nice one, seems like I am going to need to rip the standard head unit apart

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Jan 5, 2021
Broooooo,

Wow what a video... Happens that I speak spanish and boy almost 30 mins of geeky stuff... LIT

I will try to read the CAN signals the head unit so i can trash that navigon pos lol

TY

er6nphil

Jan 26, 2018
I tried the other week to have both aftermarket unit and garmin (for the gauges) connected and couldn't get it to work

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

May 30, 2023
Is this as simple as using a canbus decoder or slightly more involved than that. I think I understand what he's doing in the video but I'd rather if there was a kit I could buy instead of manually rerouting all that myself lol.

Jul 27, 2024
Is this as simple as using a canbus decoder or slightly more involved than that. I think I understand what he's doing in the video but I'd rather if there was a kit I could buy instead of manually rerouting all that myself lol.
The easy bit is the fitting kit for the aftermarket head unit because it will come with all the necessary wiring and adapter to retain the column functions.

There isn't really any easy way to get the Garmin working without any DIY wiring.

The Garmin is driven off the board with the connectors on it in the standard head unit so needs to have power, canbus connection and the blue Garmin connector plugged into it.

May 30, 2023
The easy bit is the fitting kit for the aftermarket head unit because it will come with all the necessary wiring and adapter to retain the column functions.

There isn't really any easy way to get the Garmin working without any DIY wiring.

The Garmin is driven off the board with the connectors on it in the standard head unit so needs to have power, canbus connection and the blue Garmin connector plugged into it.
Thanks for this bit of info, not sure I have the heart to try and get it sorted to be honest, have faffed about with radio in this car for one life time.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.