Full Length Sunroof

LongJohnIbiza

Mar 13, 2009
Lisburn
Hi Guys, my 1.4 ibiza is one of the ones fitted with a full length electric sunroof, and apparently the previous owner disconnected the wiring. Anyone have any ideas whereabouts I need to look to find the wiring for it?

Jun 14, 2009
Did he tell you that he disconnected the sunroof? If not maybe the fuse has gone, so you might need to lookup in your manual and find out which fuse controls the felt roof. Otherwise i am not sure about wiring because it should not be disconnected. Also the motor could of worn out on the sunroof as well.

P.S. I have the same car, in the same colour lol.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
been looking for the central roof housing you guys have around the interior light as it will cover the golf 3 motor i have running my glass sunroof but it's been backordered forever so if you ever see a breaker gimme a shout

it's probably under there it's been disconnected so pop the interior light out and have a nose

should be an allen key handle under the cover anyway for emergencies if you wanna try it manually

IbizaMarksy

Sorry to jump into your thread, but there aren't many on the subject of these sunroofs. I am looking at a 1.4 Ibiza which I'm pretty sure is the same colour and has the same sunroof as yours.

I'm a bit concerned that the sunroof will leak. Have you have any problems with leaking?

Jun 14, 2009
Mine has never leaked. You just need to make sure there is a seal around the sunroof that is all. Its a great car during the summer, really lets the light in the interior and you can drive on the motorway without any of the downsides you get with a convertable.

LongJohnIbiza

Mar 13, 2009
Lisburn
Mine leaks in heavy rain despite my best efforts sealing it, and i can see one end of a lead behind the interior light but nothing to connect it to. Also cant even see an allen key to manually operate it. Where abouts is the actual motor?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
motor is in the where you would normally expect a handle to be :) under the cowling for the interior light etc

i have a golf mk3 motor here ill take a pic and show ya the key/slot etc

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
standard with emergency key clipped in (long allen key)

picture.php

emergency key open and allen key installed ready to wind

picture.php

LongJohnIbiza

Mar 13, 2009
Lisburn
Thanks mate! Thats where i was looking before now, and im beginning to think its not there at all!! But i'll have one more look!! I mean you'd think when you take the interior light out it should sorta be looking at you!!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise