fuel gage and how much does £30 give you????

christian rea

me just me !
Nov 25, 2008
lichfield
hi im new to the seat scene and recently been noticing my fuel gage on my ibiza is vry active, i put in £10.00 and it gave me half a tank from the light being on then pulled up at a mates and it rose to full tank i then set of and it sat at 3/4 of a tank is this a common fault on them?

also i filled up £30.00from nothing and it gave me 3/4 of a tank is this normal? how much do they hold full??

thanks christian

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
Depends how you drive it to be honest. I pay more attention to the trip computer personally.

As after getting suspension set up other day it was on the red, thought the garage had been killing my petrol but just because of how cold it was. Had a gentle drive and rose back upto half a tank. Annoying how the red light dont go off once its been down that low though until you add more petrol.

christian rea

me just me !
Nov 25, 2008
lichfield
Depends how you drive it to be honest. I pay more attention to the trip computer personally.

As after getting suspension set up other day it was on the red, thought the garage had been killing my petrol but just because of how cold it was. Had a gentle drive and rose back upto half a tank. Annoying how the red light dont go off once its been down that low though until you add more petrol.

well it lowered to the point of rubbing when cornering lol but when i park with it leaning to the right it will go all the way up :) but then you pull of and it falls:( lol its annoying thought as the trip says its got like 200 when the tank is on full , i think im just gona have to keep it topped up

MichaelMr

Fuel

christian rea....

My MK3 ibiza fills up like that....I think about £45 (@ £1+ a litre) is about the most i've ever put in mine (Super etc), so 3/4 for £30 sounds about right to me.

As far as the indicator light goes - i normally get the Beep and light just below 1/4 of a tank - far too early really - i've driven over 80 miles on the motorway (uneconomically;)) after the guage said i need a refill!

All-in-all i wouldnt worry - if yours is broken - mine must be too:)

Hope you enjoy the Car mate - is it a Cupra?

Cheers

Michael

MichaelMr

...Just checked the capacities in the Handbook.

The Ibiza Has a 45L Tank.

So my guess'timate earlier was pretty good....or i was definitely cutting it a bit fine:)

Mic

christian rea

me just me !
Nov 25, 2008
lichfield
...Just checked the capacities in the Handbook.

The Ibiza Has a 45L Tank.

So my guess'timate earlier was pretty good....or i was definitely cutting it a bit fine:)

Mic

cheers mate im just used to things like clios and pugs witch hold like 50 and the gage used to go down slower lol.

ive got a cuprar mate ,lovin it :D

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I had my petrol light on for about 30miles today and pulled into fill up. I put 30quid in and it rose to full... did about a 5mile drive home and its now settled to 3/4 of a tank which i think is about right. Trip computer says im going to get 230miles and im averageing 27.7mpg.

Dont know if any else of you have this prob but when i put the nozzel in it clicks like its full but it obviously is not! Have to fiddle about with the petrol nozzle to get it to flow properly... anyone else have this?

christian rea

me just me !
Nov 25, 2008
lichfield
I had my petrol light on for about 30miles today and pulled into fill up. I put 30quid in and it rose to full... did about a 5mile drive home and its now settled to 3/4 of a tank which i think is about right. Trip computer says im going to get 230miles and im averageing 27.7mpg.

Dont know if any else of you have this prob but when i put the nozzel in it clicks like its full but it obviously is not! Have to fiddle about with the petrol nozzle to get it to flow properly... anyone else have this?

i get this mate but i think its the petrol pumps because i have it on all my cars

dubz_wm

DuBaHolIcS.co.uk
Jul 25, 2008
Wimbledon, Surrey
my fuel guage is all over the place 2, its just how they are, one min the guage and digital read out is on half and saying 150miles left then the next its dropped to nearly a 1/4 and its saying 115miles. just fill it up and drive it till the light comes on and leave the digital read out on average mpg.

Salt

The mark III petrol guage seems to be highly susceptible to changes in both temperature and how level the vehicle is. I tend to bypass the whole issue by filling up completely just before it drops to the red line and the beep of doom scares the living **** out of me.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
187miles from 30quid... from a 1.4 Mate you must have a heavy right foot:) I get more miles than that from my cupra. Drive it like you stole it!:)

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
its not to heavy just seems to like drinking alot if i go past a petrol station it hasnt seen before it wants to go there

christian rea

me just me !
Nov 25, 2008
lichfield
just came back from my moms a 130od round trip and managed it on just under£15.00 with speeds of upt to 120 there and tried keeping it below 80 on the way home and 60 of the gentle motorways

stani540

Jan 21, 2007
as has been said the petrol uage is ridiculous, when it gets to half thts pretty much it it drops so quick!

just keep your eye on trip computer and as has been said fill up when it beeps at you not like you dont notice it!

and if you want you can get alot in got 51 litres in the otherday and it only clicked off once!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.