• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

FR Squeaky Breaks

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
Over the past few weeks I have noticed this problem has anyone else had it? Generally it happens under slow breaking (Leon FR). It's not all the time, and doesn’t seem to be due to corrosion build-up when the car is cold.

How can I dagnose which disc/pad is causing the issue?

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
Try doing an emergency stop and it'll probably sort it out. I get this becuase I do a lot of slow driving and I think the disks get a coating of muck on them....

Although you say it's not a build up, so maybe it won't help!

kiearn

Oct 24, 2006
Norwich
Probably just brake dust, check that it stops for a while after cleaning them and if not then i dont know. :shrug:

shuikit

Mar 9, 2005
Huddersfield
I've mentioned this a couple times to my dealer who said that it was because of a build of a brake dust. Apparently FRs are more prone to it. They just told me to make sure I clean the brakes, they suggested a jet wash??

Deleted member 14928

lol i have the same problem with mine, but they seem to be squeaking loads recently.

I think a couple of 'enthusiastic' drives across MK, hasnt helped! Once they completly overcooked, they have never been the same. there is loads of life left in them, and stop really well still, they just squeak...

does anyone have any ideas?? or shall i just get some new pads?? if so... has anyone got any preferences of good ones :)

ewizzy

I believe the pads are quite an abrasive compound, and are prone to squeaking like fast road pads are....

Personally, I like the squeaking, reminds me of my days with race compound pads in my honda prelude ;)