Finally some photos of my Cupra

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
I've finally figured out how to post pics! (i'm thick incase u were wondering!!)

Photo-0125.jpg

pimpmobile.jpg

thatllsorttheasthsma.jpg

itsastart.jpg

newpipeseveryweek.jpg

guages.jpg

Last edited:

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
Yeah it is a wooshy dump valve, unlike a lot of u guys i've never had any problems with it although it will be gettin swapped for a forge re-circulater in the future!

Beaker is right enough, the other pipe from the diverter is blanked off with a bung.

I've got the front wheels on it just now, waiting on my new tyres bein delivered for the other 2 hence the std 16's on the back!:D

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
By the way, i think you'll get a more acurate reading on your boost gauge if you run it from here (pull the green cover off and attach your vac pipe)....

4dlt55l.jpg

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
cheers for that piece of advice, i'll take a look at that 2moro! oh yeah and smoki the high coolant level was addressed when my water pump gave up the ghost!!

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
Hi there, nice pics.
Just some advice, A wooshy valve may work ok on your car but its messing up the engine and i advise you change it ASAP.
When you changed the water pump did you get the metle impelor put in?
Also i've herd that K&N filters are not very good for MAF's on are cars.
Sorry to bring you bad news but thought you should know.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
By the way, i think you'll get a more acurate reading on your boost gauge if you run it from here (pull the green cover off and attach your vac pipe)....

Do u actually get a better reading from the green nipple!??
As i have mine on top of the dump valve.

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
got my new tyres fitted today, i'm gonna brave the darkness and put em on 2nite. i'll post some better pics at some point, those ones are all off my phone!

so olly how is it that my bov is messing up my engine? i'm curious as to how it makes any difference?

i did get a metal impellor water pump, i really don't know what made them think that a plastic one was a good idea!!

in the six months i've had the car i've never had any problems with my maf sensor and again i'm confused as to how a k&n can be bad for it??:confused:

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
K&N filters are ment to have oil on them for the dust to stick to it, but the oil can go and stick to the MAF sensor, but if your filter is dry then maybe its OK.
As for the DV there are pages and pages on here of why its bad but in a nut shell, your ECU is pushed all its limits to cope with the fact its losing air some how, and in turn is prob over fueling about and messing with the lambda probes, your power is prob down because f it and longer use will mess your engine up, but its your car and up to you really it makes no odds to me.

cupra_steve

Do you have a alter ego ?
Oct 21, 2006
Huddersfield
You should think about changing your boost gauge if your going t get a revo remap, it will boost up to 22psi when you have. Get ready fella !

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members