Falken 912's...

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
i've heard nothing but good things about the 452s
they're cheap enough, any cheaper and you're entering linglong territory. and you don't want to go there

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
You say this as if you've compared the 2 against each other? Which did you prefer, Toyo or Falken?

I've has several sets of T1-R, and I tried 452s most recently. I don't rate them as highly as the Toyos in colder weather* (although to be fair, they're both summer tyres.)

*opinion formed well before the snow and ice came.

Calyx

Ive had T1-R's before and rate them highly unfortunately i cant compare to the 452's as i havent had any. The only thing i found with the T1-R's was they would only last 10k if i was lucky on my 5GTT.

However on the plus side i rate them as well as the F1's i have on the Leon at the moment.

Calyx

This is true Dave probably why ill end up going with Vred's or Toyo's again. Hopefully ill get a little more what with most of my miles motorway nowadays :(. Be good to get out on the rolling road day next month though :)

JamJay

California Bound
The 452's are soft too, mine haven't lasted 10k and I am a rather docile driver. I used to have Toyo's on my last car but it was so long ago that I can't remember. All I know that is 452's beat the P-Zero Rosso's. I think i'll head back to the T1-Rs next time then :)

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
I heard LingLongs were the new Goodyear F1's :whistle: Lol! Cheers guys ill probably end up going the complete opposite and buying some Vredesteins :)

Thanks.

I see the Vreds are still on offer on camskill! I purchased four a month ago! Absolutly brilliant! Through the corners they stick an stick, just keep gripping! Cant rate them enough... and in the wet there just as good! Awesome tread pattern on the Ultrac Sessantas! Only thing i cannot comment on is wear but only excellent reviews throughout!

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
I have just sold my Leon Cupra TDi, but in its time I've had Goodyear F1s, then Falken 452s and then most recently decided to go to 912s.
I have no issues with these at all, and coming from Devon we have quite a few twisty roads and I love a bit of spirited rural driving !! I honestly think they were 90% as good as the 912s and even though I never needed them changing, the wear rate was def better. They were reasonably cheaper too. No probs in wet either.

Do remember to put the better/stickier tyres on the rear though. Once the back end steps out its pretty hard to control. This is more unlikely to happen if rears are the better tyres.

I'd def use 912s again and would suit all apart from extreme drivers or trackees.

Check out presentation download here :http://www.falkentyres-uk.com/downloads.aspx

Last edited:

magicoi

Aug 31, 2007
Lincolnshire
Back on the OP's topic, i have had 2 full sets of 452's which were great but yes, wore fairly quick - i got about 12K ish with a 20K per year commute.

I now have 912's on the front as theres some life still in the rears (wrong way round i know). 912's while cheaper are still a pretty decent tyre imho and im considering another pair for the rears shortly. I dont drive like a knob but like to get my foot down fair bit and the 912's havent givin me any moments apart from in this snow and ice - but what tyre wont??

Hope that helps. :)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I have the 912's on at the moment. They are decent tyres, no real complaints about them and I agree with magicoi above, life span seem to be good. I personally will be going for something a lil more sticky next time but in this weather right now these buggers are doing a good job!

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
How have they worn in the month youve owned them? Do the tyre walls feel soft on hard cornering?

I had 4 wheel alignment done at the same time, and this and the tyres, its a different car! Id say they have worn in nicely, not sure how i can elaborate on that. They dont feel soft at all, theres a little give. Its asif the whole of the tyre stays in contact with the road. Very little understeer, but then again I use the whole of the road where possible. Anti roll bars are next on the list. hope this helps.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members