falken 452's, GSD3's or the new asymetricals?

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
falken 452's are £244 for a set of 4. - camskill
gsd3's are £344 for a set of 4. - camskill
asymetrical £468 for a set of 4. - blsck circles

what do we think? all priced fairly well i feel, anyone running the new eagle f1 asymetricals yet to see if they justify the extra £120?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Can't go wrong with the Falkens for the money!

No one seems to have had any bad words to say about them.

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
yea so ive read.

the norm seems to be "cant fault them for the price" where as the gsd3's are "excellent tyre, been using them for years" etc.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I was a GDS3 man before. Just got the falkens and initial impressive are good. I haven't given them a really good test yet. When i do I am going to write a small review and put it in my progress thread.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just ordered four Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta for my new rims. I had the normal Ultrac's on my old Cupra R and was very impressed with their wet and dry performance and they were ok on the track too.

I know they are not a commonly well known make, and they are certainly no cheaper, they are probably almost as expensive as Goodyears. But they look very good as well as good performers, so I decided to get these new higher performance Sessanta's they have introduced for my new wheels.

Got them from Camskills £128 a corner for 225/35/19's

FK 452's I considered too based on the overall good feedback they have got and their vfm, but call me shallow I just liked the look of this Vredestein tyre and my prior good experience with the brand.

Last edited:

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
ive just put falken fk452's all round on mine today and after just driving around today they are brilliant

yes ok its a 1.6 and cant go as fast as your LCR's but still :p

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
At that price I'd be tempted by the Falkens.

As front tyres will be doing well to last 12 months for me (I have GSD3's at the mo that have been on 6 months) I reckon I'll be getting a pair of Falkens later this year.

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
Some kinda firestone ditch finders, no grip in the wet or dry at all!

£61 a corner for 225/40/18's on camskill.co.uk

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just ordered four Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta for my new rims. I had the normal Ultrac's on my old Cupra R and was very impressed with their wet and dry performance and they were ok on the track too.

I know they are not a commonly well known make, and they are certainly no cheaper, they are probably almost as expensive as Goodyears. But they look very good as well as good performers, so I decided to get these new higher performance Sessanta's they have introduced for my new wheels.

Got them from Camskills £128 a corner for 225/35/19's

FK 452's I considered too based on the overall good feedback they have got and their vfm, but call me shallow I just liked the look of this Vredestein tyre and my prior good experience with the brand.
What new alloys did you get? :)

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
How are you finding the Asymmetrics???? Im drawn between them and Falcons.

EDIT

After reading that they are much better on a number of sites iv order 2 for the fronts.. Ill let you know how o get on.

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Would be good if someone could take a full set of Falkens onto the track and see what they think there.
I'll do it if someone will buy them for me and get them fitted. If everyone chips in a pound that should do;)

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Im not saying the Falkons are not good mate im just saying i drive my car quite hard and will bay more for more grip. But not stupid money. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members