Error: Area View FIXED

un1eash

Mar 13, 2024
More an FYI for people in the future as didn't find anything on the forum for a fix.
Our 2023 Formentor with surround view did an over the air update this morning. Upon restarting I kept getting Error: Area View and none of the cameras were working.
IMG_20240712_103806.jpg

Just about to go away on holiday and thought great but found it was a real easy fix. Gain access to the fusebox behind the glove box and removed fuse 21 7.5a which is the 4th up from the bottom on the left, first row of mini fuses.
Problem solved, hope this helps others.

Reactions: Tell
Apr 8, 2024
Thanks for the information.
What does fuse #21 actually supply?
Did you remove the fuse for a short while and then refit, i.e. to reset something? Or leave it out altogether?
Thx

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

un1eash

Mar 13, 2024
Thanks for the information.
What does fuse #21 actually supply?
Did you remove the fuse for a short while and then refit, i.e. to reset something? Or leave it out altogether?
Thx
Just pulled it out and straight back in. It's the power supply for the cameras. My cars fitted with the 360 system but it's the same fuse for the rear only camera.

Tell

Staff member
Fuse pulling use to fix my old Altea A/C that would stop working. More cost effective than having the A/C replaced. The main power to it. Out for a few seconds and back in.

You have to be carefull fuse pulling if you hit the air bag fuses you'll trigger the air bag warning light which will need OBD11 clear errors procedure. Need the fuse diagram to decide which to pull. Disconnecting the batteries is the other alternative but may be more hassle.

As a side, I've yet to find the brightness control for 360 on the individual top view camera. You get the one for the main reversing camera but put that next to the edge camera and that's too dark on a sunny day. Car aging issue. Use to be fine. The edge view comes in handy tracking the distance to lawn in a curved drive. Pre face lift Areca.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.