Engine light on after service

hughesy81

Dec 10, 2020
UK
My Mk4 Cupra Leon had it's first service yesterday. It's had the unbranded engine cover fitted so at least it looks a bit nicer than before! First time driving it after the service the engine light remained on so I contacted the dealer. It's booked in for a weeks time... but...

1. Isn't a week a piss take given this engine light is highly likely to have been introduced by them? And it's a 5 min job to at least find out what code it's returning...
2. I then asked for a courtesy car or collection... to be met with a response that can only be described as appalling.. "what? At this short notice?" was the implication. In the end I got a collection sorted, but not before I'd had a bit of a moan
3. It's highly probable that the car left the service with the light on, which is a bit concerning as well

With the exception of one, every single dealer I've dealt with have been appalling (multiple brands). I've even had a Vauxhall dealer tell me, in writing, that "both" head gaskets had gone on my V6 some years back 🤣

I work on behalf of a 'premium' automotive manufacturer that prides itself on customer care... it seems, from my experience, that they are a minority? Anyone else always seem to get the shitty end of the stick with dealers in general?

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Interesting, my formentor had its second service a couple of days ago and had the engine cover fitted. On my way home the check engine light came on, it's going back tomorrow for investigation.
What was the cause of your warning light?

hughesy81

Dec 10, 2020
UK
Interesting, my formentor had its second service a couple of days ago and had the engine cover fitted. On my way home the check engine light came on, it's going back tomorrow for investigation.
What was the cause of your warning light?
they told me it needed a software update... whether I believe that or not... I'm not sure! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: dazed

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Weird im sure i replied!
A breakdown in comms between MAF and throttle body, code was cleared, all required checks were made and it was taken for a test drive (I noticed the dashcam was unplugged so must have been a spirited drive!) Fault didn't come back so i was told to keep an eye out but it was probably a 1 off glitch. It's been fine since although I haven't driven it much

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.