May 30, 2024
Hi,

My Ibiza 6L 1.2 64HP, has a big hesitation issues as is possible to see on the video. Instant consumption goes to 99.9L, and also the car give me a huge hesitation / choke / jerk / judder - - that is possible to see since the RPM's pointer dropping. The 1st hard motor noise, is from a motorbike that passed by me. This is an video sample of a slow and careful start.
Many times when I accelerate to start, the RPM pointer goes up, and immediately goes down like 500RPM's or lower, like if the car is failing to turn off, while changing to 2nd gear.
Every time I stop, and accelerate on 1st gear the car hesitate, chokes, is possible to see the RPM's lowing down like if it was on "limp mode", and got an huge instante consumption - same as a big high final consumptions - around 11 - 12L by each 100Km's - calculate by me (Gasoline filled vs kilometres travelled) - which reflects the on board computer, which means that the onboard computer is giving me the right results.

Accelerator clutch pedal feel also like a super slow response / judder, like if was sending the signal really slowly to ECU / throttle body. There is not a quick response at all - maybe that's normal on this car's, I don't know !?!?

I've made a full VCDS Scan, without any issues related to this.

Note: I do always have a smooth ride, and I take great care when changing gears. But no matter how carefully I am, I always got the same high consumptions.
At around 3000Rpm's the consumptions I can say that they are kinda normal. But on small climbs, the car has no power, and consumption shoots up - and I mean really Small (normal) climbs on roads, I'm not talking about climbing the mountains.

This is leading to a super high consumptions, same as a not good driving at all - its awful feel the car hesitating and stuttering every time I stop and accelerate - not mentioning the wallet part, since the car is consuming basically the double of what is supposed, being a drunker.

As I know, this could be due to a variety of causes. I have searched the main causes and already disassembly, cleaned and calibrate:
  • Throttle body - cleaned and calibrated
  • EGR - cleaned and calibrate
  • MAF Sensor - cleaned ( was totally clogged and dirty )
  • Camshaft Position Sensor - cleaned
  • EVAP seems ok after testing on VCDS
  • Tested the Purge Control Solenoid Valve, that seems ok, air only blows from one side when is opened - tested with the mouth blow method only and also by hearing the click.
  • I tried to remove the fuel Rail to clean the injectors 1 by 1, but after dropped gasoline on the engine while I was disassembling, and check that the injector did not have a "hole" to clean, I just assembled again, and obviously, cleaned the mess, and let the gasoline dry for a whole day - Maybe I will buy some injector's repair kit with the proper inside filters and O-rings, if I found a trusted store that sells the right (inside) micro filter's that fit perfectly on that injectors.

I did not tested the Oil Trap (separator), crankcase breather's ( there are 2 of them ) since I don't know how to do it, and/or its fine to disassembly them, or, if it is possible to clean them.
I was been told to me, that the Fuel Filter is Ok, since, its not common to be replaced them on this car's, and are not usually a part that breaks - or if it fails, it would be immediately known. The Fuel Filter is VAG Original, and looks good (apparently), this was been told from a official VAG/Seat Officine workshop guy, that this issues would not be from the Fuel filter ( I can tell that he has great experience and knowledge on Seat Car's, also same as with 6L's).

So, after this, what you guys can advice me to more to check ?
I think that I have a small leak on the vacuum system or anything (hose) or any missing hose, but since I can't find a proper complete vacuum diagram - after months of search, and asking everyone (even Seat) - also did a post here without replies. I simply quitted. Looks like, nobody knows about the hose's on this engine/Air filter/Engine Cover connections. On EKTA, does not shows the complete vacuum diagram/system - it only show's some part's. I don't know if, on this engine is missing any hose or not - like on the pic attached.

Any Ideas, from what more else I can check and do ?
Tks

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2024-08-07 213833.jpg
    Captura de ecrã 2024-08-07 213833.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 26

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Only from memory, the missing hose from the air cleaner, if that engine should have it, then it will be part of the "crankcase purging system" - ie there might be a system where fumes from the engine's crankcase, mainly "blow by" from across the piston rings, ends up in the crankcase, and if not purged out, would cause some pollution as they escaped into the air, so, a small and controlled by a diaphragm valve, volume of fresh air is allowed to enter the crankcase, they are removed from the crankcase at another point using the natural suction of the air being taking into the engine, and in there these gases are burned.

You would have to check the schematics of this model of engine to see how/where that is done.

May 30, 2024
Only from memory, the missing hose from the air cleaner, if that engine should have it, then it will be part of the "crankcase purging system" - ie there might be a system where fumes from the engine's crankcase, mainly "blow by" from across the piston rings, ends up in the crankcase, and if not purged out, would cause some pollution as they escaped into the air, so, a small and controlled by a diaphragm valve, volume of fresh air is allowed to enter the crankcase, they are removed from the crankcase at another point using the natural suction of the air being taking into the engine, and in there these gases are burned.

You would have to check the schematics of this model of engine to see how/where that is done.
Thanks for your reply.
I does have the Haynes Ibiza 6L manual, printed version, but don't says nothing about vacuum system. Also checked on EKTA but no luck - nothing shown.
Do you have any software/manual that you can advice me, were I can find the vacuum schematics and further details about this car/engine ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.