Eibachs and P-Zero Rosso's Fitted

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Finally got around to having the Eibach shocks fitted today to add the to springs I had done last year. I am now fully Eibach Prolined up!! The rear tyres were also shot so I replaced them too. Now have a wallet lighter to the tune of £722!:cry:

I didn't realise how much the new shocks would reign the car in - feeling so much less floaty now. Had them done at Elite in Rainham - £492 fitted with 4-wheel alignment and adjustments included.

Really impressed and wish I'd stumped up the cash and done the lot much sooner/originally. Not too harsh and still soak up the bumps nicely whilst keeping everything in check.

I didn't give it too much in the corners on the way home as I had new tyres also so wanted them to bed in a bit. Gone for Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's to replace the rear tyres and then switched the wheels around so that they are on the front. I have used them before and they are excellent in the wet and dry. They were £115 each all in.

Now I'm skint. Only the brakes to do now (and maybe ARB's) and still have to fit the S3 lower brace that I have. Then I can start saving for the big turbo kit!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
http://www.michelin.co.uk/michelinuk/en/car-van-4x4/less-worn-tyres-rear/20070314172074.html

front will have more grip when cornering leaving the rear to cope with less grip so out of balance, liable to step out. heavy braking does the same.

other way round and the car is powered and driving round the corner by the weakest grip, so as a driver, you pace according, understeer being easier to spot and rectify than oversteer. on braking the rears shouldnt step out as they have the better grip, so you should brake straight and in control.

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
You'll find most good tyre places etc advise new tyres go on the rear for all the reasons above, also tyres go off with time so leaving old ones on the rear means they are older as well as less tread!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
New tyres need to go on the front 100% of the time on 100% of cars. 100%!!!!

Loosing the front end is more progressive and easier to control.
Losing the rear end is a very different story.

Please put new tyres on the front, lots of posts on this and VBH off of 5th gear did a story on it.

surely you mean back?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members