Eagle F1 Wear?

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
I have inner tyre wear on my Eagle F1 Assyms leaving them almost bald (no threads yet)- far more than I would have thought, especially as evrything was aligned correclty. Not been that many days i've been late for work surely! lol

ITech

Just ordered two new F1 Assys from Tyre traders.com £187 fitted. Absolute bargain I think. old tyres getting sent back to Goodyear on Saturday for investigation.

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
Just ordered two new F1 Assys from Tyre traders.com £187 fitted. Absolute bargain I think. old tyres getting sent back to Goodyear on Saturday for investigation.

I'll be very interested to hear what they have to say. They were in denial when I spoke to them and were having none of it.

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
mate, how you sending them back? free courier?

that is a great price, i might look at that myself, cheers for the link

ITech

No problem mate. The procedure for sending them back is included in the reply from Goodyear. I have attached the relevant section. If you want a full copy of the e-mail please don't hesitate to ask.

"We offer a tyre inspection service for any tyre dealer or member of the public".

"Vehicle main agents and tyre dealers can send tyres back for inspection if they have an account with us. If they do not have an account the return can be made through their wholesaler who will then arrange to return the tyre here on their behalf. With regards to returns it is always best to give the product to the person who took your money for it when new. This best covers you under the sale of goods act".

The place thats fitting my new tyres said they have an account so should be fairly straight forward.

nennokair

its common for tyres to wear more on the inside then the outside due to the wheel geometry of most modern cars. This usually becomes excessive due to worn suspension components ie bushes, especially at the rear where no blame can be apportioned to tracking being off and the steering action. Worn bushes can introduce excessive negative camber.

I would be very surprised if there is any fault associated with the tyres.

dkw

Jan 23, 2009
looks like i may have dodged a bullet then. i was supposed to get 2 F1`s fitted last week but when i got there they only had 1. so i got 2 PS2`s for cost price instead, and the difference over the crappy budget things that were on is amazing.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I would be very surprised if there is any fault associated with the tyres.

Too many catalogued problems, from well maintained cars, for that not to be the case imho.
looks like i may have dodged a bullet then. i was supposed to get 2 F1`s fitted last week but when i got there they only had 1. so i got 2 PS2`s for cost price instead, and the difference over the crappy budget things that were on is amazing.

I have F1's and they are fine.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.